By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE Fans May Cry: Team Based RE possibly being developed by Six Slant*SOCOM*

Rumours

Rumour: Resident Evil In The Hands Of SOCOM Team

Following in the trail blazed by Dead Rising 2, the next Resident Evil game may come from the Great White North. SOCOM developer Slant Six Games may be the latest studio tapped by Capcom to create its games. 

A document forwarded to Kotaku indicates that a new, team-based Resident Evil game is currently in development at Slant Six. The developer is responsible for SOCOM: US Navy SEALs Confrontation for the PlayStation 3 as well as two iterations for the PSP, Tactical Strike and Fireteam Bravo 3.

When contacted for comment, publisher reps said, “Capcom does not respond to rumours and/or speculation.”

Slant Six Games writes on its official web site that it is currently in development on “an amazing new project” that is unannounced. That project is being developed in conjunction with a “new publishing partner on a world class franchise.” Several Slant Six current and former employees list an unannounced “multiplayer action game” for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on their LinkedIn profiles.

In March of this year, Slant Six solicited work for a “Japanese translator/interpreter”.

Capcom has looked outside of Japan for help on some of its better known franchises, including GRIN (Bionic Commando), Ninja Theory (Devil May Cry) and Blue Castle Games (Dead Rising 2), another Vancouver-based studio that had its zombie project leaked well in advance.

Thanks for the heads up, Hawk.

Around the Network

*awaits Kyliedogs reponse*

Slant Six aren't the creators of the SOCOM franchise...just to clarify..its Zipper who are the original team..they're working on SOCOM 4 for an early 2011 release.

Cry in a Bad way is definitely the way i meant it. Team Based RE?

Residentials Uncharted: Amoung Evil

Gears of Evil

Left4Evil

RE: Fire Team Stars

...... ok you get

Xxain said:

Gears of Evil

Left4Evil

...... ok you get

But if Capcom DOES want to make RE a TPS.....then these guys are good

whatever RE5 was....it was a horrible TPS game with clunky controls

This can only mean something good since we are never gonna see a "horror" RE again!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:

Gears of Evil

Left4Evil

...... ok you get

This can only mean something good since we are never gonna see a "horror" RE again!!!!

Thats the problem RE is not a TPS. I mean Capcom really rubbed ppl the wrong way with the action slant of RE4 and 5.... now there going even futher by turning it into a Team Based RE... and possibly a typical shooter? Might as well not call it Resident Evil. I know they want to expand but it looks like there leaving the series roots behind to do so.

Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:

Gears of Evil

Left4Evil

...... ok you get

Thats the problem RE is not a TPS. I mean Capcom really rubbed ppl the wrong way with the action slant of RE4 and 5.... now there going even futher by turning it into a Team Based RE... and possibly a typical shooter? Might as well not call it Resident Evil. I know they want to expand but it looks like there leaving the series roots behind to do so.

That they are xxain

I want a RE1-3 type RE game

BUT as they are leaving roots.....AS they are convinced RE must become a TPS we need to think positively and think how they can make RE the best TPS (not the clunky mess RE5 was).

This dev team is pretty good.......so think positively like that because I don't see Capcom wanting to go back to roots....so why hope they will?

oh boy cry RE fans CRY 

Slant 6 had damaged one of the biggest Online titles for the Playstation with there absolute failure with Socom confrontation. Zipper did make the highly successful Socom series for the PS2 but they were focused on MAG and S4 to have an early Socom release for the PS3. So Sony got Slant 6 who made two good PsP socoms and what followed was a butched destroyed socom. Sony dumped the company and i cant believe they are still operating despite thousands of Socom faning hating them so much 

good luck RE fans 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

mchaza said:

oh boy cry RE fans CRY 

Slant 6 had damaged one of the biggest Online titles for the Playstation with there absolute failure with Socom confrontation. Zipper did make the highly successful Socom series for the PS2 but they were focused on MAG and S4 to have an early Socom release for the PS3. So Sony got Slant 6 who made two good PsP socoms and what followed was a butched destroyed socom. Sony dumped the company and i cant believe they are still operating despite thousands of Socom faning hating them so much 

good luck RE fans 

oh slant 6 is crap now?

oh dear....

@xxain

Now you can be pessimistic

Wow slant 6, the same guys that made the worse Socom possible. God for a second I thought it was Zipper and I was like good news....but this is SLANT SIX... RIP RE!