By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Boutros said:
TruckOSaurus said:

@pearljammer: I see I'm not the only catching up :)

#42: Super Smash Bros. Melee: My first Smash game. 4 Player Madness, tons of Nintendo characters, a simple control scheme but so much depth hidden underneath. I had problems placing this one because although I got to know the Smash formula with this game, I have a strong preference for it's sequel. Nevertheless, this is a game I spent many hours playing with family and friends and it deserves a place on my Top 50.

Who was your main?

Bowser at first until I realized he sucked so bad then I moved around until I found the incredible Peach!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

41. Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)

Okay, let's get it out of the way: Shanoa from Order of Ecclesia is drop dead gorgeous (eh... I used a Vampire pun. Drop dead? Get it?) and she kicks Undead butt to boot. She's pretty much the most awesomest Castlevania hero ever. Anywho... on to the actual game! Definitely the toughest Castlevania I've played, but the game is so immensely satisfying! Pitch perfect controls, gorgeous hand drawn sprite art, awesome music... the Castlevania fundamentals are still here, but now the game is more streamlined and the action more intense. Farming for souls is over, yet the game still has ultra deep spell and weapon mechanics that'll make anyone giggle with glee. This iteration of the series is the most satisfying yet... keep on kicking Vampire tail Shanoa!

40. Super Mario Bros./Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (NES/GB)

After 25 years (I'm not even that old...), I'll boot up the Wii, select "Super Mario Bros." and give it a go. It's true, I never owned an NES, and even my playtime with the console was limited. Still, each time I could get my hands on it, the one game I would play was an easy choice: Super Mario Bros. The controls are perfect, the music is still awesome to this day, and the game just has a charm that is like very little out there, even to this day. When I finally came around to getting the GameBoy Color, I had to get my hands on Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, and I wasn't disappointed. It was the same incredible game, but now on the go! Heck, it even had different challenges (Boo races were tough!) and tons of secrets to collect (Yoshi eggs tested the mettle of even the pros). Yeah, this game is totally awesome... just don't hurt me for not putting it high enough!

TruckOSaurus said:
Boutros said:
TruckOSaurus said:

#42: Super Smash Bros. Melee: My first Smash game. 4 Player Madness, tons of Nintendo characters, a simple control scheme but so much depth hidden underneath. I had problems placing this one because although I got to know the Smash formula with this game, I have a strong preference for it's sequel. Nevertheless, this is a game I spent many hours playing with family and friends and it deserves a place on my Top 50.

Who was your main?

Bowser at first until I realized he sucked so bad then I moved around until I found the incredible Peach!

Kirby and Mewtwo FTW!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Tayne said:

40. Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (GBA)

Nice choice! Yeah, I actually just got Aria of Sorrow a couple of months ago... and it was unsurprisingly awesome.

Just missed my top 50 though... but seeing at how late to the party I was, that's testament to how well done this game is. ^_^

Tayne said:

40. Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (GBA)

The 2nd best Castlevania game, IMO (the best being SOTN).
Great choice, btw. It almost made my list.

Around the Network
Smeags said:

40. Super Mario Bros./Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (NES/GB)

Too early lawllawl

darthdevidem01 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Boutros said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Who was your main?

Kirby and Mewtwo FTW!

Pfft, Ganondorf and Link all the way!

Anyhow...

40. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Genesis

Video game developers and consumers alike, take notice: This is how a sequel is made.

Sonic 2 had more levels than the original, better levels than the original, and a more memorable soundtrack. The bosses were cooler, (albeit a bit too easy sometimes) the controls were better, and Super Sonic was just plain awesome. (Even if it may have been stolen from... somebody...)

Simply put, Sonic 2 is a better game than the original in pretty much every way imaginable. And that's saying something.

darthdevidem01 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Boutros said:

Who was your main?

Kirby and Mewtwo FTW!

MewTwo!! You're braver than I thought (You should be able to spot the reference here)

Signature goes here!

Ninpanda said:
darthdevidem01 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Boutros said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Who was your main?

Kirby and Mewtwo FTW!

Pfft, Ganondorf and Link all the way!

Sheik FTW!!

Here is my 43-40 list:

43. Mega Man 9 (WW)

This game mixes some of the core classic Mega Man gameplay elements, and adds a lot, lot to the mechanics of the game to make it incredibly fun.

42. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Well, indeed overrated, but groundbreaking and innovative, some stuff like Toy Galaxy will blow you away.

41. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

I'll be honest here, this game single player, 2 player, and online ruled, sadly, this game falls pretty low in my list because of anoying boring battle mode, unfair items in 1 vs. 1, and ATROCIUS 3 and 4 player modes, too bad, it could have been my favorite MK game ever.

40. Mario Kart DS (DS)

Even if this game added so many stuff and defined the series, the only reason it is quite low is for not giving too much depth, don't take me wrong, it's better than Mario Kart Wii, but, even if it's a lot of fun to play, MK games are meant to be on consoles.