By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

No. 44 is up!

Sigma Star Saga (GBA-2005)

Wayforward's little innovative RPG had to land on my list somewhere.   The idea of random space shooter battles mixed with a typical 2D overword was great.  Thousands of weapon combinations for your gunship and a very interesting story with four different endings to keep you coming back for more.  I wish they would make another entry to the series.  Great game.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

44. Diddy Kong Racing (N64)

Diddy Kong Racing is Nintendo's other great kart racer (plus hover craft and plane racer). It even did things above and beyond any Mario Kart game with it's central hub area from which you accessed the various races. It also had a story, as you had to defeat the evil Wizpig who had attempted to take over the island where the game takes place. The game obviously featured Diddy Kong, but it also introduced Banjo and Conker (who obviously seriously fell off the wagon after this game), who both went on to star in their own games. Other than the Mario Kart series, this is the best arcade racer in existence.

I totally agree with you. It was way stronger than Mario Kart 64 in many aspects. Too bad the series died.

I did love racing with my plane but the hoover was nothing special. Well thought tough. The Mario Kart series should have learnt more from Diddy's Kong Racing than it did.

Okay so I missed Yesterdays, and here it is.

45. Resident Evil 4

I remember playing this game for the first time, was new to the gameplay, was wondering where the zombies were, and didn't really like it.

I came back to the game about a year later, and couldn't put it down! I now loved the gameplay, and didn't care who or what I was killing at the time! And the first time I got chainsawed, I almost squirted. I actually purposely killed again straight after to see it again! Excellent game, excellent atmosphere, just a huge shame it was followed up by a huge bag of masturbate.

Gears of War WISHES it was this cool!

Will post 44 in a mo

I updated my post with short blurbs. Here is yesterdays and todays (didn't realize yesterday was for #45)

45) Banjo-Kazooie (N64) - Easily one of the best 3D platformers out there. If it hadn't been for Mario 64 being the father of 3D platformers this game probably would take the top spot on the N64.

44) Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GC) - While not a huge RPG fan this game was just great. It is easily accessible to anyone and has fun interactive enemy encounters. The story doesn't take itself too seriously and the game remains entertaining from beginning to end.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

44. Banjo-Kazooie - N64

Man, oh man, this game is awesome! Banjo-Kazooie was (and still is) the pinnacle of Rare's achievements. It might've borrowed a bit heavily from a certain other Nintendo 64 classic, but Hell, you'll be hard-pressed to find a good 3D platformer that doesn't borrow heavily from it.

The bottom line is, that Banjo-Kazooie is one of the best and most polished games on the 64.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Okay so I missed Yesterdays, and here it is.

45. Resident Evil 4

I remember playing this game for the first time, was new to the gameplay, was wondering where the zombies were, and didn't really like it.

I came back to the game about a year later, and couldn't put it down! I now loved the gameplay, and didn't care who or what I was killing at the time! And the first time I got chainsawed, I almost squirted. I actually purposely killed again straight after to see it again! Excellent game, excellent atmosphere, just a huge shame it was followed up by a huge bag of masturbate.

Gears of War WISHES it was this cool!

Will post 44 in a mo

I totally agree with you and it will be on my list. I will never understand why Capcom didn't just make a Resident Evil 4 - 2 for Wii. Instead they just said "Wii could never handle RE5 graphics...". I am still wondering if the translation was wrong and they confused graphics for boredom.

haxxiy said:

No. 45 - UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE

Uncharted rocks! And the first game on the series snags place 45 with ease. A great TPS for the PS3, but above everything an amazing and innovative adventure experience.

Innovative? How? It's a Tomb Raider clone with elements from Gears of War. It doesn' have anywhere near the amount of original ideas of something like my no.44 Pikmin to be classed as innovative.

CrankyStroming said:
haxxiy said:

Uncharted rocks! And the first game on the series snags place 45 with ease. A great TPS for the PS3, but above everything an amazing and innovative adventure experience.

Innovative? How? It's a Tomb Raider clone with elements from Gears of War. It doesn' have anywhere near the amount of original ideas of something like my no.44 Pikmin to be classed as innovative.

Whose is the list? Is it yours? No, I guess it isn't. This thread is for posting the games and healthy comments about each other's lists instead of critizing them and question whether they deserve praise or now. Be aware of what you say, for people could have the same kind of opinion about your list and the games you obviously prefer.

CrankyStroming said:
haxxiy said:

Its because its haxxiy's list not yours

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

haxxiy said:
CrankyStroming said:
haxxiy said:

Whose is the list? Is it yours? No, I guess it isn't. This thread is for posting the games and healthy comments about each other's lists instead of critizing them and question whether they deserve praise or now. Be aware of what you say, for people could have the same kind of opinion about your list and the games you obviously prefer.

Don't be so cranky, nor so over sensitive. Discussion should be held not only to convince others of what we want them to believe, but also for the sake of re-thinking what we have already thought, either to re-afirm what we said or to change it.

I do believe that Uncharted is an amazing game and though it may have not invented anything totally new, the way the story unfolds and how the gaming mechanics articulate is pretty innovative and it is really well executed.

It is not Flower or Ico innovative, no, but it is not something we have completely seen before neither.