By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

47: Deathspank-XBL

Deathspank has been a Dispenser of Justice, a Vanquisher of Evil, and a Hero to the Downtrodden. This game you play as Deathspank on his search for the artifact which he doesn't know what it is, what it does, where it is or even what it looks like. Throughout this game you experience extreme laughter from the well written dialog.  Some missions include finding kidnapped orphans and stuffing them into a bag, becoming a dad for a day, solve marriage problems, beat poop out of demons, massacre a leprechaun village  and killing a monks and their town cause their bell is annoying and many more! Only ending on a hanger maybe we will see him again on this list....

Former something....

Around the Network

Great choice darth. It won't be in my list but that's because I'm not a huge fan of platformer to begin with and the gameplay was rather simplistic. The online was also way too buggy. Other than that, it sure felt fresh!

Jesus. What's with all the hate I'm receiving!

And I don't have my list in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the next on the list isn't a sequel.

Although, God of War II is the only one from last generation, so not all of them are last gen sequels.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Tayne said:
outlawauron said:

An hour past due:

48. Bioshock 2 - 360

After playing the first Bioshock, which left me in absolute awe, I was eagerly anticipating the sequel. While the story wasn't quite as compelling as the first, it had better weapons and multiplayer. Some of the new additions made the game much more enjoyable.

Great choice.  I contemplated adding this to my list as well.  For me, it ended up being the story of the first game that helped it get added to my list.

Thanks! It certainly is helped by the stellar set up of the first game (which is much higher up on my list).

darthdevidem01 said:
Smeags said:

OutlawAuron so far has God of War II, Assassin's Creed II, and Bioshock 2 in his top 50...

Which sequel will be next?

FFX-2

Oh, this baby is certainly on my list. But it'll have to wait a bit to be revealed.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Smeags said:

OutlawAuron so far has God of War II, Assassin's Creed II, and Bioshock 2 in his top 50...

FFX-2

Oh, this baby is certainly on my list. But it'll have to wait a bit to be revealed.

tehehe I wonder how many FF games are on your list

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PixelJunk Monsters

I love tower defense games. And this unique, charming tower defense game has it all. Its difficulty level is high,  (for perfection), the mechanics are simple and fun, the presentation is wonderful, the music is great, as a package it is likely the most charming game I'd ever played and it has co-op. If you're at all a tower defense fan and own either a PS3 or a PSP, you really shouldn't go without playing this game.

darthdevidem01 said:
outlawauron said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Smeags said:

FFX-2

Final Fantasy makes up 20% of my list.

46. Professor Layton and the Curious Village

When I started creating this list, I did not expect to only find room for just the one handheld game, but that is how it has turned out to be, and it's the first Professor Layton game that takes that honour. This could easily have become a simple collection of puzzles, as with the many other such puzzle games on the DS, instead Level-5 took the concept of a puzzle game and melded it with an intriguing story. The puzzles take advantage of the capabilities of the DS to perfection, and they range in difficulty from the obvious to mind boggling. I bought a Nintendo DS on the strength of wanting to play this game alone, and it was well worth that purchase.

VGChartz

outlawauron said:
darthdevidem01 said:
outlawauron said:

Final Fantasy makes up 20% of my list.

I had to limit myself to six Zelda games to keep this from happening to me