By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

My #47: Little Big Planet

A great game. I'm so glad that there are so many great level creators, which always give me a reason to play LBP again from time to time.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

Number 47) Killzone 2

It was my first KZ game. What really compelled me about KZ2 to be really honest was the jaw dropping graphics. Seriously KZ2 had amazing graphics. I felt that although the SP did lack story big time, I really liked the SP and the MP was some of the best I've played in 2009. It was the most hardcore and most tactical FPS Multiplayer I've ever played. Playing Warzone on Radec's Academy (my favourite map) was a real blast to play. Though KZ2 did have problems and flaws, it a was great game nonetheless and currently the KZ3 blows KZ2 out of the water. KZ3 seems to be a big step forward from KZ2 and I look forward to KZ3 next year.

48. Crash Twinsanity (PS2) - I know what you're thinking and I wouldn't blame you now if you thought I knew nothing about games. But this non-Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot effort actually surprised me. The gameplay was as sharp as the first three Crash games, the graphics were good and the story was half decent for a Crash game - it was kind of epic in a weird sort of way. The fact that Cortex and Crash had to work along side eachother gave the game charm and the result was hilarious. It put them both in exciting situation that you would have never expected Crash to be in from the series' first three games, and this created exciting (although sometimes frustrating) gameplay. Damn whatever the cristics said about this, if you don't believe me that this is a very good platformer then try it out for yourself, you may just be surprised that it's not just an average cash-in of the good Crash name.   8.4/10

No. 47 - FINAL FANTASY IV ADVANCE

An early take on RPGs that stand as one of the best even today. Nice characters, cool story, an end fitting of an epic adventure, what else you can ask? Played on the GBA.

outlawauron said:

An hour past due:

48. Bioshock 2 - 360

After playing the first Bioshock, which left me in absolute awe, I was eagerly anticipating the sequel. While the story wasn't quite as compelling as the first, it had better weapons and multiplayer. Some of the new additions made the game much more enjoyable.

Great choice.  I contemplated adding this to my list as well.  For me, it ended up being the story of the first game that helped it get added to my list.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

47 is up!  Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

Another N64 game that begs to be added to the VC. Better yet, who owns the rights to Acclaim's games anyways?  I could input to old ultimate code for this game and just play it for hours.  The great weapon selection made this game a must have for all N64 owners back in the day.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Heat said:

48. Crash Twinsanity (PS2) - I know what you're thinking and I wouldn't blame you now if you thought I knew nothing about games. But this non-Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot effort actually surprised me. The gameplay was as sharp as the first three Crash games, the graphics were good and the story was half decent for a Crash game - it was kind of epic in a weird sort of way. The fact that Cortex and Crash had to work along side eachother gave the game charm and the result was hilarious. It put them both in exciting situation that you would have never expected Crash to be in from the series' first three games, and this created exciting (although sometimes frustrating) gameplay. Damn whatever the cristics said about this, if you don't believe me that this is a very good platformer then try it out for yourself, you may just be surprised that it's not just an average cash-in of the good Crash name.   8.4/10

I absolutely LOVED that game!

It had some excellent music too!

And it even had Spyro!

Edit: And as a bonus. Probably the best theme song in any game ever -

Carl2291 said:
Heat said:

I absolutely LOVED that game!

It had some excellent music too!

(Hey kids, it's time for Ninpanda's useless knowledge. Yay...)

Anyhow, did ya know, that all of the music in Crash Twinsanity was done a cappella? It's quite impressive, that they can create something like this, using just their own voices, even if most of it is probably electronically enhanced...

Also, I liked Twinsanity as well. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, that it's the best Crash Bandicoot game NOT made by Naughty Dog. (Which isn't really saying much, but it's still good fun nonetheless.)

47. Wii Sports (Wii)

While Wii Sports doesn't seem like something meant for an upper echelon gaming list, I was determined to keep this game in my top fifty, despite the huge competition from other incredible games that have missed the cut. This game means a lot to me personally, and that adds to the wonderful and simple gameplay that the game provides. It's a game that everyone wanted to play when they came over, and no one was ever disappointed. In fact, everyone always left with smiles and laughter, something that is sorely missing from a lot of gaming scenes now-a-days. The fact that my father, who dismisses any video game as a simple child's plaything... asked me if we could play Wii Sports golf together... well that means a lot. This game has so many wonderful memories attatched to it... and even though Resort has stole its play time as of late, I'll always remember Wii Sports as a game that started up the smiles and never stopped until we put down the WiiMotes.

Ninpanda said:

47. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - Genesis

Lightning-fast gameplay, bonus levels, and the best graphics on the system this side of Vectorman and Ristar. Sonic 3 is definitely one of the hallmark games on the Genesis.

But you know what the real kicker is? The music was composed by Michael Jackson. No. I'm not kidding.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 rocked my socks off! Yeah, the graphics are lovely (dontcha just love how the 16-bit games hold up wonderfully?), the music was great (and yep, Michael Jackson. Crazy!) and the gameplay was honed to perfection (loved those elemental shields, electricity was awesome with the double jump).

Still, Carnival Night Zone... that evil evil level. It took me years to finally understand what to do to pass that one part... you know what I speak of!

That's all I can speak of for now.