By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

50. Super Smash Bros. Melee - Played this round a friends when it came out, and it blew me away. At the time, it was the best party game I had ever played. We played winner stays on since there were six of us and only four players each time, but every time we were knocked out, we couldn't wait for our turn to come along again!  8.4/10

49. ModNation Racers - I remember watching the presentation at E3 2009 and thinking 'That's Genius!'. It was everything I wanted in a game for the PS3 and then some - a kart racing game with customisable everything! The actual racing, despite what some might say, is pretty damn good too. 8.4/10

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CrankyStroming said:
darthdevidem01 said:

49. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : SPIRIT TRACKS

Spirit Tracks was just so different from either of them. It used the touchscreen controls really well, in intuitive and fun ways.

Then how come I just found them awkward and unuseable?

You tell me

I have heard no critic or gamer describe the controls like that before.

I thought it was useable, but it definitely felt very awkward.

I disagree....they didn't feel awkward at all to me. I was surprised by how awkward they didn't feel actually.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

okr said:

@ Boutros: Stylish. Also, good choice for #48. Age of Empires is a great game (but it didn't make my own list for a reason).

Thank you!

So what is that mysterious reason?! Perhaps you prefered Age of Empires 2?!

Age of Empires 2 was awesome as well.

Boutros said:
okr said:

@ Boutros: Stylish. Also, good choice for #48. Age of Empires is a great game (but it didn't make my own list for a reason).

Thank you!

All the Age of Empires games were awesome. In fact, every single "Age of" game made it into my top 50 bar one... which I nearly put in 50, but it just missed out.

Scoobes said:
Boutros said:
okr said:

Thank you!

All the Age of Empires games were awesome. In fact, every single "Age of" game made it into my top 50 bar one... which I nearly put in 50, but it just missed out.

You both are right.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
okr said:

Thank you!

AOE2 is amazing

I built an impenetrable island once!!!!

At my school we used to use the computers to set up AOE lan partys. I never had the patience to master it, guess I'm just not an RTS kinda guy.

49. Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC)

"Bleh!" This might be the only game where someone throwing up on your walkway is a good thing. Rollercoaster Tycoon was everyone's dream: build the most awesome amusement park imaginable. Sure we all put in the occasional Haunted House and tame Roller Coaster just to appease the guests... but on the outskirts of the park, we were all building the most insane roller coaster imaginable. So fine, it cost us thousands of dollars and put us in the red, but building the craziest Roller Coaster imaginable was always worth it... even if no one ever rode it (or died trying).

CrankyStroming said:

At my school we used to use the computers to set up AOE lan partys. I never had the patience to master it, guess I'm just not an RTS kinda guy.

Your school allowed AOE lan party's?!?!?!?!

Our one blocked every good side on the net, any game and banned PSP/DS/GBA

darthdevidem01 said:
outlawauron said:
darthdevidem01 said:
CrankyStroming said:
darthdevidem01 said:

49. THE LEGEND OF ZELDA : SPIRIT TRACKS

Spirit Tracks was just so different from either of them. It used the touchscreen controls really well, in intuitive and fun ways.

Then how come I just found them awkward and unuseable?

You tell me

I have heard no critic or gamer describe the controls like that before.

I thought it was useable, but it definitely felt very awkward.

I disagree....they didn't feel awkward at all to me. I was surprised by how awkward they didn't feel actually.

I agree, I had no quarrel with the controls in Spirit Tracks.

What I did have a problem with, was the Tower of Spirits dungeon, that you had to return to, whenever you return one of it's pieces. 'Twas an improvement over the Temple of the Ocean King, but that's not really saying much.

I agree, that the music was great, though.