By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Still trying to catch up on this, just wondered if anyone ever gave this a chance...

28. Digimon World 2 (PS1) - Got completely torn apart by critics, but I didn't know that at the time. The dialogue was awful and the whole game took so long I've probably spent half my life on it without noticing, but it was my first addictive gaming experience. Completing missions and collecting Digimon became an obsession of mine so much so that every spare moment of leisure time I got was dedicated to this game. I felt the digital world was a second home to me - I loved the layout, the design, the music and the characters. Joining a certain team with specific specialities towards Digimon types gave me a sense of belonging and having enemies made me want to complete the multi-100 hour game just so I could kick their ass at the end of it. Crawling around dungeons was strategic and exciting, sometimes suspenseful (whatever the critics say). By the end, the whole thing built up to something so ridiculously big that the final boss was the most insane boss I have ever seen in any game (well, almost). For me, this game was better than most Pokemon games and I urge anyone who bothered to read it to try and get their hands on a copy and play through this astonishing game that I will remember as a big part of my childhood. 9.2/10

Around the Network

Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Shock, Horror, this isn't at number one or even in the top ten!  I love this game, I just prefer some other Zelda games which one will see later on my list.  I can only imagine how amazing this game must have felt back in the 5th generation, it still stands up as a fantastic game all these years later.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver - A fantastic great of one of the greatest RPGs ever produced.  If this game was never released, the original would have had this spot instead.  The greatest Pokemon game updated with new pokemon and online battling, everyone should own this game.

26. Poy Poy 2 (PS1) - Pure, simple fun! Throwing rocks and rockets at other players and using special moves (psyches) specific to each character was basically the whole game. Multi-player with up to 4 players was a blast, as you'd expect, and earning money in single player modes to upgrade psyches kept me coming back also. For me, this was more fun and more addictive than Super Smash Bros. 9.2/10

18. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Oh, yeah, baby.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Tayne said:

Oh, yeah, baby.

I'm just now playing Shadow Dragon (it's been on my backlog forever...) and I already miss Ike and the gang.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Tayne said:

Oh, yeah, baby.

I'm just now playing Shadow Dragon (it's been on my backlog forever...) and I already miss Ike and the gang.

I feel you.  Shadow Dragon has been in my backlog forever!  I might start it after I beat FFVI.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Assassins Creed Brotherhood,  will sale 7 millions around the world??? :)

16. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (GB)

When I was a little child I put so many hours into these games, it was incredible. I didn't play anything else for months after getting my first Pokemon game . Sadly I don't have any Nintendo handheld anymore so I have to wait for the 3DS that I can finally play some Pokemon games again.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

16. Medieval II: Total War (PC)

Released two years after Rome: Total War (a.k.a. The Game That Ate My Life), Medieval II ups the pageantry and dumbs down the (already pretty foolish) campaign A.I. You'd think that would hamper my enjoyment, but Knights of the Round is one of my favorite games of all time; pageantry clearly goes a long way with me! To be fair there's also a lot more content as well, which is why Medieval II hoovered up even more of my life precious than Rome did. There are tons of factions - roughly 15 of which are playable -  and each is unique. The difference between playing as Venice in the crowded economic powerhouse of northern Italy and the Russians with their huge, barren territories is stark, to say the least. You'd almost swear you were playing a different game. Plus there's Mongols, Timurids, Aztecs, gunpowder, crusades, jihads, the Pope getting all up in your grill and telling you to do shit so you assassinate him and all his successors until your cardinal is finally selected... God! Just talking about Medieval II makes me want to fire it up all over again! I think I'll do just that right after I finish this sen

Hrm... seems that the holiday shenanigans are getting to a lot of people. Ah well, as long as BadGenome is here, all is well.

17. Banjo-Kazooie (N64)

When a game starts out with a two bears, a bird, and a shaman playing instruments, you know said game is going to be great. Of course, I had no idea how great Banjo-Kazooie really would be until I actually started playing it. Banjo-Kazooie is a game that wisely uses many of the ideas that made Super Mario 64 great, but then adds its own unique flavor to always be its own game. You take control of the bear and bird duo to resuce Banjo's sister (Tooty) from the evil witch Gruntilda. The hub world takes place in ol' Grunty's lair and you travel to different worlds through there, collecting Jiggies to continue further and further into her vile lair. The graphics are so colorful and vibrant, the music is fantastic (love the different renditions of Grunty's lair), and the gamplay is tight, responsive, and most importantly fun. Using the duo's ever-increasing moveset is always satisfying (and even more crazy when Mumbo turns you into different creatures/vegetables), and by the end of the game you'll be using your skills to traverse increasingly dangerous worlds (looking at you Rusty Bucket Bay). But what gives this game the extra boost from fantastic to magical is the wonderful atmosphere and humor. Grunty's rhymes are hilarious, and the dim witted bear/sarcastic bird duo make for some great moments.

Yeah, this game really is great. 3D Platforming was cemented as one of my favorite genres ever thanks to games like this. Bear and bird, you rock.