By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

20. Red Dead Redemption (PS3)

Red Dead Redemption is many things: The most poignant video game western since Custer's Revenge. The best hunting simulator since the original Oregon Trail. The most impressive collection of bugs and glitches in a game not published by Bethesda (including the best glitch in history; see above). It also has the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets in all of gaming, almost as if Rockstar San Diego opened a window into the fevered imaginations of Gran Turismo fanboys before their god failed them. John Marston's tale is quite a memorable one, and if anyone still has a bad taste left in their mouth from Grand Theft Auto IV, it should do the trick in a pinch. But Rockstar weren't content to make an incredible single-player experience. When you've had enough of tying school marm-looking women to the train tracks and blowing slowpoke Mexicans clean off their burros for no reason at all (but who could ever have enough, really?), hop online and gank or be ganked in free roam, one of the most fun multiplayer modes ever devised (it's certainly the most fun lobby ever). There's so much value for the money here, it's not even funny, and the recently released Undead Nightmare adds even more top-notch content (it also adds zombies!). Even the clueless knobs who run the VGAs were compelled to stop fellating Call of Duty long enough to give RDR their Game of the Year award, so if you haven't yet played it... play it! Now! I implores YOU!

Around the Network

24. Diablo (PC)

My first online gaming experience, Diablo was probably the only incentive I ever had to get my homework completed as soon as I got home.  Getting together with online buddies and laying waste to scores of enemies with my sorceror were some good times. 

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

20. Mass Effect 2 (X360)

One day after the ME3 announcement you see ME2 on my list (what a coincidence!).
It really has great moments and it did some things much better than the first ME in my opinion. The story was the only thing that I didn't like more in ME2. It is one of my favourite games of 2010 and I can't wait for ME3!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

21. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Gamecube

Wind Waker might (Note: I said "might") leave you disappointed by the length, but the pure majesty more than makes up for it. It takes you from the usual "world cast into shadow" and sucks you into a refreshing, vibrantly colored world with expressive and memorable characters, a soundtrack, that is amazing even by Zelda standards, and cel-shaded graphics that still look beautiful today.

23. Tetris

Simple, frustrating, fun.  I don't remember how far I got in this game, hell, I don't know anyone that has beat it.  This is just one of the greatest games ever made and one of the few that just about anyone can play.  Since it's locating on just about every system in existence, the only version I own is for the DS.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

Looks like ishiki has the worst list so far.

j/k

Anyway, I need to catch up. I'll update my list either later today or tomorrow.

22. Lost Odyssey

A JRPG where there isn't a bunch of doucebag teenagers trying to save the world?  What?  Yeah, I'm sure there are other JRPGs out there that don't feature teens, I just haven't played them.  I love everything about this so much that I never got around to buying it.  It's just too awesome to own. 

No. 22 Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (PC, also on X-box)

It seems fitting that I post this today, a little after Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has been announced. This game just shows why the Elder Scrolls series is considerred one of the best WRPG franchises in existence. A wonderful open world that's highly unique in it's art-style and architecture; cities made from the carcasses of giant crabs, nomadic tribes, mechanical ruins and a range of natural scenery. As soon as you get off the boat there is just so much to do, so many skills to learn, places to explore and guilds to join. One of the best open-world RPGs ever created.

No. 21 Starcraft (PC)

If you like RTS, then you have to have played this game. Looking back, it was a little unoriginal; 2 resources, 3 factions, basic RTS gameplay. The appeal of Starcraft was that you didn't care because it did all these things better than nearly any other game. The balance of the factions was near perfect and would attain perfection over the comming years, the multiplayer was great fun, and the single-player was the best for its time. Easily, one of the best RTS games ever created.

No. 20 Chrono Trigger (SNES)

The SNES and PS1 gens saw some of the greatest JRPGs ever created. Among that pack of great games, this stands out as one of the best. This games feels epic in both scope and scale. It added some original aspects to the genre by giving the user a huge amount of freedom in how they played the game, including when to play the final boss fight. The battle system was simple and intuitive, the storyline captivating and overall, it still stands as a game that others in the genre should take note of and influence from.

Fab_GS said:

Looks like ishiki has the worst list so far.

j/k

Anyway, I need to catch up. I'll update my list either later today or tomorrow.

hehe, it's only because darth hasn't listed his.

jk

LOLZ I put Batman at like 38 and playing it again, it's my favorite console game this gen XD.... I'm a bit impuslive cause this was originally the reason for putting the one that is currently there. and then I thought about it more and  :-/ maybe, I DUNNO