By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First Review of The Fight Lights Out Is In!

The web site Video Gamer have reviewed The Fight Lights Out, review can be read here.

I'm really not too sure what to make of this, as all recent hands-on reports have been glowing. A guy from The Sixth Axis had so much fun beating the hell out of the first few opponents that his review is late lol.

For two such contrasting opinions I can only see the reason for the first reviewers problems being one of two things...either 1) He can't punch his way out of a paper bag or 2) He doesn't have his Move bits and pieces set up correctly. The review is pretty poor tbh as he hasn't mentioned anything about how much lag there is (even if it's lag-free he should still mention it as that's been one thing that has stood out whilst watching video demonstrations!) and hasn't mentioned anything about the online multiplayer.

Are reviews from Video Gamer normally this bad..? :o/

Around the Network

i didnt expect a higher rating... lucky me, since i didnt care about this one anyway.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

The Fight has always looked to me like one of the most dire excuses for a game in existence. Firstly, it's obviously not 1:1, because there are pre-mapped punches. Secondly, the atmosphere is dismal, completely devoid of any sort of colour or proper design. Thirdly, a boxing game which even tries to be 1:1? Why? How ridiculously small would be the niche of people who could actually win in a boxing fight?

It's exactly for this sort of reason that I dislike Kinect, so it would be massively hypocritical of me to do anything other than actively despise this game.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective