NYANKS said:
hatmoza said:
psrock said:
hatmoza said:
psrock said:
NYANKS said:
CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Everybody on here is talking about PS3 sales(Which is fine) so I will mix things up...

Wii will return and dominate Holiday 2010! PS3 sales are nice and all but was I the only 1 who saw the 50K jump for the Wii this week?

I don't think the Wii will dominate the holiday. If anything, the 360 will. It has the upcoming momentum and marketing to really push the masses, of course which includes Kinect. I think the Wii will have a good holiday, but it will be down from previous years.

Pretty much, I might guess 360 winning by a good margin, than Wii, than Ps3 just behind the Wii.  I think.

Please describe to me how the 360 is going to dominate.

Kinect my friend.

Kinect is going to sell amazing, I agree, but so did Halo Reach, so will  COD,  but I need to know how this Domination will happen.

You know, that's actually a good point. Kinect will sell like crazy, but is it really gonna move hardware(360s)?

This is something we just have to wait a couple more weeks to find out.

It seems like there are a lot of bundles being produced.  IT's definitely their aim to sell in bundle form.  I just don't want Sony fans who think Sony is gonna dominate to be disappointed.  Kinect will be quite big, and while Sony can stay close, Kinect may be really big.  I'd rather just be cautious so if Kinect isn't THAT big I'll be pleasantly surprised.  Lol

the thing is.....

PS Move is doing well now, and I'm sure Kinect will do well when it launches because of it's new-ness, but how long will the PS Move do well, and how long will Kinect do well.  Remember, the reason that the Wii was so successful was because it had SUSTAINED great sales, it was compelling enought to have sustained sales.

I personally don't like motion controls and I don't like the Wii, and was hoping both PS Move and Kinect fails so that motion controls would just die, but I could be wrong and motion controls are here to stay (Nooooo!!!  LOL)

We'll also have to see if Kinect really delivers.  Many people have tried PS Move because it's released already, so it's a known quantity in terms of performance, whereas not many people have tried Kinect, so we don't know if it really delivers on it's promise, to the point that it will have sustained sales, otherwise it will just be a fad, and sales will fade after Christmas.

Everyone thought the Wii was a fad, but obviously it wasn't.  But only time will tell if people think PS Move and Kinect are both fads, or not.

Well yeah, we won't know what truly happens until Kinect goes out.  But based on buzz, people's awareness of it and Microsoft's aggressive marketing of it, it's safe to say that it will succeed at least to the level of Move, quite possibly more.  Neither Move nor Kinect will have the sustained impact of the Wii.  First of all it's an odd comparison because you're comparing a console to peripherals.  Second, companies who follow suit often don't mimic the success of the originator.  Sometimes it can, but often not. These items are not meant to propel the consoles to Wii sales figures, it just adds to the long term value of the systems while hopefully attracting some of the casual Wii base. I expect both to continue to sell at low numbers for a while. Don't worry though, regular controllers aren't going anywhere, thank God.

Around the Network

Insane PS3 sales.

SWEET!!!

Kinect effect will be very interesting to track

Also, Oprah do not exist here in Europe. And that is really the big question to ask.

Because kinect is not gonna push hardware dramatically in NA where there are plenty of people already having a 360 ... the question is all about Europe IMO.

Time to Work !

http://www.walmart.com/cp/video-games/2636

kinect is well represented

http://jeux-video.fnac.com/s70157/Toutes-les-consoles?bl=HGACblo4

where is kinect ? it is with the PSP lol ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:

Also, Oprah do not exist here in Europe. And that is really the big question to ask.

Because kinect is not gonna push hardware dramatically in NA where there are plenty of people already having a 360 ... the question is all about Europe IMO.

I think some who bought Wii in it's first year or so might be in the market for a motion control capable HD console about now. In Americas the HD console with motion control everyone knows is 360, with PS3 being known to those in the know. So even though 360 is big in the Americas there's still a substantial market opportunity for 360 Kinect.

EMEAA is more likely to break for PS3 Move overall, but 360 can also do well with Kinect there, especially with it's stronger markets lioke UK and Aussie.

I think HD motion controllers (with their 8ft space needs) might not catch on in Japan to the same extent as they do in Western markets.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Beuli2 said:
Andrew21 said:

In Poland  Sony sold 400k PS3 and 1,5 miilion ps2. Nintendo sold 30k wii max.

Source please.

He is making things up.

In April 2009 Sony Poland boss told directly there's 100k PS3 sold and 110k shipped. This summer SCEP boss said they are around 200k sold PS3 and expect to get to 250k after Christmas season.

Also PS2 was above 500k two or three years ago.

I haven't seen any figure posted anywhere for Wii but the sales are minimal.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

binary solo said:
libellule said:

I think some who bought Wii in it's first year or so might be in the market for a motion control capable HD console about now. In Americas the HD console with motion control everyone knows is 360, with PS3 being known to those in the know. So even though 360 is big in the Americas there's still a substantial market opportunity for 360 Kinect.

EMEAA is more likely to break for PS3 Move overall, but 360 can also do well with Kinect there, especially with it's stronger markets lioke UK and Aussie.

I think HD motion controllers (with their 8ft space needs) might not catch on in Japan to the same extent as they do in Western markets.

yeah, we will see

we will soon know

Time to Work !

On top 10 SW;  Vegas 10-15% below what I expected on both consoles, a solid second week for MoH and other than that it's Wii Wii Wii all the way to the bank. 

This is tough to adjust to but I won't start critiquing the methodology.  If  Brett and Co. say 400k more PS3s sold in Can. and 1.5m more in EMEAA then that's what I'll use as a basis for discussion.  The ubiquitous ship vs sold controversy is officially dealt with.  So much for my theory that EMEAA would be noticeably weaker this holiday.  I made a couple comments on channel stuffing as well, just offering possible explanations to defend the site.  I had no idea they would make the biggest adjustment I've seen so far.  I stand corrected.

So PS3 is leading 360 by 59k this week because of Move, gains in EU and especially M-E and A.  Nice nos. for sure but predictions it will catch 360 in 2011 are still waayy premature.  

I really hope the motion control trend doesn't steal most of the development dollars on the HD platforms now.  Hopefully they'll remember the core of their userbase when the frenzy dies down. 

Recon1O1 said:

On top 10 SW;  Vegas 10-15% below what I expected on both consoles, a solid second week for MoH and other than that it's Wii Wii Wii all the way to the bank. 

This is tough to adjust to but I won't start critiquing the methodology.  If  Brett and Co. say 400k more PS3s sold in Can. and 1.5m more in EMEAA then that's what I'll use as a basis for discussion.  The ubiqutous ship vs sold controversy is officially dealt with.  So much for my theory that EMEAA would be noticeably weaker this holiday.  I made a couple comments on channel stuffing as well, just offering possible explanations to defend the site.  I had no idea they would make the biggest adjustment I've seen so far.  I stand corrected.

So PS3 is leading 360 by 59k this week because of Move, gains in EU and especially M-E and A.  Nice nos. for sure but predictions it will catch 360 in 2011 are still waayy premature.  

I really hope the motion control trend doesn't steal most of the development dollars on the HD platforms now.  Hopefully they'll remember the core or their userbase when the frenzy dies down. 

The difference in ME and A has always favored the PS3 heavily. Even before the adjustments PS3 and PS2 almost always won in that region even against the DS. It just favors the PS3 slightly more now. As far as changes to average weekly sales the impact is relatively small. The vast majority of PS3's current sales dominance is because Nintendo's own European sales chart showed PS3 getting a rather dramatic lift in sales after the move launch. Iwata even said that PS3 has taken the lead in YTD HW in Europe.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy:  Yeah, that was clumsily worded but obviously the biggest difference is Move.  Secondary influence is the growth in EMEAA overall for various reasons and the change in emphasis for ME and A region will mean thousands more on VGC weekly tracking nos. from now on.  I was trying to indicate that the biggest change in %s would be from there not that it was most of the overall WW change.  Enjoy what will be a solid holiday season for your console of choice.  PS3 is poised to move both HW and SW right now.  I'll console myself with the 3 great games I bought last month for my fav console.