By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Quote Stacking

Quote Stacking

Make it a bannable offense! 6 85.71%

I haven't really noticed it 0 0%

Stop being a crybaby 1 14.29%

Total:7

In many, many, many threads people seem to like to stack quotes for an ungodly long time. I've seen threads where there stacks of 6 plus quotes going for 8 posts. That's really damn annoying, to have to scroll for about a minute just to get through 8 posts.

So, what I think is that if someone stacks a quote up to about, say, 5 or so, then they should be told to edit it. If not, then slap them with a ban. It really is very annoying.

Thoughts?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I voted the crybaby option just to be annoying.

But I do agree.

It would be cool if VGC could have a feature like where when you quote, you only quote the one post. Not the full quote train.

Is it possible to do that?

I'd put my vote right between the first and the second. It's very noticable, and very annoying (almost as annoying as Carl's longcat pic he always posts... ), but I don't think it should be a bannable offense.

We should just continue to remind people that there's a way to cut down the quotes and make it better for everyone to read.

There was a thread about this recently. - Please report excessive quoting and a mod should clean it up for everyone's benefit.

I personally typically leave a public warning/request and cut them short when they get excessive.

While I think it should be covered under the spamming rule, I am not in charge of forum moderation.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Carl2291 said:

It would be cool if VGC could have a feature like where when you quote, you only quote the one post. Not the full quote train.

not with the way that quoting currently works. Currently it is just a table with a string of text in bold.

I can't say I've ever seen a website work that way, but quoting isn't nearly as bad on other websites I visit. People need to quote the relevant parts and learn to delete the parts they aren't interested in or that no longer matter.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Carl2291 said:

not with the way that quoting currently works. Currently it is just a table with a string of text in bold.

I can't say I've ever seen a website work that way, but quoting isn't nearly as bad on other websites I visit. People need to quote the relevant parts and learn to delete the parts they aren't interested in or that no longer matter.

Just to add my 2 cents, there is a brazilian website I visit that does this. I dont know how they do it, but it is possible.

www.jamesvandermemes.com