By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazing use of the Wiimote!!!

Don't Know how to imbed videos, but check out this website. Using the Wiimote  he turns his projected computer screen into a electronic whiteboard. Check both videos out its totally awesome.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/

I am going to do this right now 

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

very interesting, I'll add that to the list of things to try out, I wish I had a projector it looks far more fun then doing it on an LCD. The minority report style manipulation was great.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

I've seen that a while ago. looks pretty cool

Pretty amazing with the white board affect. That guy really has some major time to waste.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

That's awesome! How do people come up with this genius stuff? Just wait until the future, when perhaps, video games will be using such technology. Hopefull, Wii's innovation will encourage such technology to be used, sooner.

Around the Network

This guy is genius. Someone posted his Minority report style video not long ago.

This is basically the most amazing thing I've discovered in a long, long time. I'm going to be building a mount for my Wiimote so I can aim it at basically whatever screen I want and turn any computer into an IR whiteboard.

Also: To make it easier to tell where you're aiming your IR light pen, you can attach a red laser pen to your IR pen, then simply check that they're aimed at the same point at all times (having the two diodes as close to each other as possible will help). Keep the red laser running (so it's always pointing), and just press the button on the IR light pen when you need to use it. This way, you can point at whatever you need to on-screen, see that you're pointing at it and be certain of it, then interact with it. It'd be exactly like a mouse in every single way.

SW-5120-1900-6153