By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Tea Party - how frightening is this movement?

ManusJustus said:

B.  To be honest, I don't know much about Coons so he could be an idiot, but I do know that O'Donnell is a complete idiot.

Thing is, this happened moments later in the same debate. O'Donnell asked him to name five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment, and that was the only one he knew. I'm not sure if O'Donnell is truly ignorant or was just being too cute by half, but she nailed him. Predictably, Coons wasn't the story because nobody cares about him - least of all his own supporters.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
mhsillen said:
rocketpig said:
mhsillen said:

And of course Palin is stupid...no wait.... she is smart as she is taking over the world.

By feeding on peoples' most base fears and riling them into a fervor over it.

Yeah, that's just fantastic. Or demagogery, depending on your party affiliation.

People don't need to be riled up as the economy sucks and President Obama continues to spend, spend, spend.

You do realize that it is the belief by dems and repubs that we are sinking.  Their is a misery index and that the meter is now lower than when Cater was in office.  I lived thru the Carter presidency and my mother a JFK democrat voted for Reagan.  While you think "nothing to see here..move along

People don't need to be riled up, which is what makes Palin's actions even more deplorable. Instead of focusing her power on a stumbling administration and Congress to drive home a fiscally conservative point, we get insane ramblings about Ground Zero Mosques and Obama's "Christian Nation" comment meant solely to rev people up into a slowly building state of Islamophobia.

Now you sound like you are getting overly riled up.  She is playing to everybody because there are a percentage of religious people.  All pol's do that.

badgenome said:

Except James Madison was the primary author of the Constitution.

I weep for my country.

I'm freeking afraid of your country.

It's the most powerful and aggressive big guy in the courtyard and in the process of going crazy :(.

badgenome said:
ManusJustus said:

B.  To be honest, I don't know much about Coons so he could be an idiot, but I do know that O'Donnell is a complete idiot.

Thing is, this happened moments later in the same debate. O'Donnell asked him to name five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment, and that was the only one he knew. I'm not sure if O'Donnell is truly ignorant or was just being too cute by half, but she nailed him. Predictably, Coons wasn't the story because nobody cares about him - least of all his own supporters.

Which was followed by what can only be considered a baffling statement by O'Donnell that questioned the freedom of religion by apparently not knowing it was in the First Amendment. On the idiot scale, Coons can't compete with O'Donnell unless he shows up to the next debate wearing nothing but Spider-Man underoos and a colander on his head. The list of idiotic quotes from O'Donnell is longer than my arm.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

mhsillen said:
rocketpig said:
mhsillen said:
rocketpig said:
mhsillen said:

And of course Palin is stupid...no wait.... she is smart as she is taking over the world.

Yeah, that's just fantastic. Or demagogery, depending on your party affiliation.

People don't need to be riled up as the economy sucks and President Obama continues to spend, spend, spend.

You do realize that it is the belief by dems and repubs that we are sinking.  Their is a misery index and that the meter is now lower than when Cater was in office.  I lived thru the Carter presidency and my mother a JFK democrat voted for Reagan.  While you think "nothing to see here..move along

People don't need to be riled up, which is what makes Palin's actions even more deplorable. Instead of focusing her power on a stumbling administration and Congress to drive home a fiscally conservative point, we get insane ramblings about Ground Zero Mosques and Obama's "Christian Nation" comment meant solely to rev people up into a slowly building state of Islamophobia.

Now you sound like you are getting overly riled up.  She is playing to everybody because there are a percentage of religious people.  All pol's do that.

By scaring them into questioning the motives of people who are different. Yeah, that's not a frightening and cheap political avenue to take at all.

If Palin is such a strict "Constitutionalist", she shouldn't have been saying SHIT about the "Ground Zero Mosque" and wouldn't have preyed upon the Christian Nation statement. She's a hypocrite. She only uses the Constitution when it suits her needs and then feeds off the insecurities of a rattled populace for personal gain.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
mhsillen said:
rocketpig said:
mhsillen said:
rocketpig said:
mhsillen said:

By scaring them into questioning the motives of people who are different. Yeah, that's not a frightening and cheap political avenue to take at all.

If Palin is such a strict "Constitutionalist", she shouldn't have been saying SHIT about the "Ground Zero Mosque" and wouldn't have preyed upon the Christian Nation statement. She's a hypocrite. She only uses the Constitution when it suits her needs and then feeds off the insecurities of a rattled populace for personal gain.

You are talking about most pol's  Your over reacting

God forbid that we expect more from political candidates. Apparently demagoguery should not only be accepted, it should be embraced.

Sarah Palin- "I can see Japan from my home in Alaska and if you look closer i can also see North Korea."

It's all a matter of anger, really. When anger at the government is your primary rallying cry, you're going to get a little more than your fair share of whackos (though whackos plague every human grouping ever conceived, if that grouping is large enough)

The Tea Party as a whole is not "scary", but some candidates that could only have arisen due to the tea party are kind of scary. Sharron Angle freaks the hell out of me, at least, but the nice thing about these isolated scary candidates is that their ideals won't get anywhere even if/when they do win. The whole structure of our government is built to keep marginalized ideas in the margins

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

So this is what Halo 3 tea bagging evolved into?

Tease.