By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Q2 results (Wii sales down 80%) - Net lose is $25 mln

Anybody who cries doom and gloom based on the $25 million quarterly loss should read this:

For the full fiscal year through March 2011, Nintendo maintained its recently revised forecasts. It expects a net profit of ¥90 ($1.1) BILLION , operating profit of ¥210 ($2.5) BILLION and revenue of 1.1 trillion yen.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

So for fiscall year so far they have 3 milions Wiis from Q1 2010 ending 30th of June and now 1,93 from Q2 for a total of 4,93. So they need to ship 12,5 milion Wii in Q3 and Q4 to reach their yearly target.

In FY 2009 Q4 had similar sales to Q2  after price drop and 2D Mario release. Just by looking at this they need to ship over 10 M of Wii in Q3.

For last few weeks Wii sold at 130-140k WW levels so unless it can sell on average more than 1M consoles each remaining week of Q3 then they will be short of yearly target.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Uh 80% is just flat out wrong so locking this, if you feel like remaking do it but use math lol oh and its loss not lose

~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Sorry guys, I know the title is wrong, but I can't edit it now. I wish at least ioi could do it, I mean he edited my post for something I would do anyway, so I'd rather have him or any other admin correct the title if possible, but I don't think it's possible for the admins to edit titles either.