By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spain, where the Wii failed?

Almost looks like they're quoting us actually. =P

But yeah, the gaming scene in many parts of Europe is pretty undeveloped, and people only know about Sony. I wonder if that will change when developer support starts shifting more and more in the Wii's favour.

Around the Network

You will always have regions where one console sells disproportionately well as compared to the worldwide totals; this is because every region/culture has different opinions about what is important which end up showing up in the sales charts.

Canadians and Americans tend to be considered two of the most similar cultures in the world, but because Canadians (in general) are a little less violent, a little more family oriented, and have a slightly different sense of humor they have (traditionally) disproportionately supported Nintendo's products.

Spain probably has a different value-set than most of the world and prefers the PS3 because it is more in-line with those values.

Parokki said:
But yeah, the gaming scene in many parts of Europe is pretty undeveloped, and people only know about Sony.

This line just SCREAMS Greece lol.

The source says it got the info from another source ,but the numbers are so close ,so extemely close ,that I think the site has actually taken the info from here .

And the Wii isnt failing in Spain .Its selling very well ,just worse that the PS3 that is the console everyone (hardcore and many casuals ) just want to have .But it will double the X360 userbase end of this year (PS3 already has ) in half the time so its not flopping at all .Most of its users are casuals of the worst breed ,true ,but its getting many sales all the same .

gamingdevil said:
fazz said:
Easy for piracy maybe?

No way, the PS3 is the only console out there which can't be pirated.

I know, but I said "the Playstation brand". With this I'm referring to PSOne, PS2 and PSP. Maybe some people are still believing the new Playstation console can be easily pirated. Maybe?

Around the Network
fazz said:
gamingdevil said:
fazz said:
Easy for piracy maybe?

I know, but I said "the Playstation brand". With this I'm referring to PSOne, PS2 and PSP. Maybe some people are still believing the new Playstation console can be easily pirated. Maybe?

good point, spanish people aren't the most intellectual out there *cough* diomedes *cough*

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Where i live wii is sold out every, now, yo can't find a wii, i have a friend who wants a wii, and he cannot find it.

Neos said:
fazz said:
gamingdevil said:
fazz said:
Easy for piracy maybe?

good point, spanish people aren't the most intellectual out there *cough* diomedes *cough*

Please ,dont make yourself look bad .I have two degrees and you arent but a internet fanboy ,who isnt the most intellectual of the two little boy ?

Neos said:
fazz said:
gamingdevil said:
fazz said:
Easy for piracy maybe?

Neos why? Don't ya think that is a harsh comment?

Diomedes1976 said:
Neos said:
fazz said:
gamingdevil said:
fazz said:
Easy for piracy maybe?

Please ,dont make yourself look bad .I have two degrees and you arent but a internet fanboy ,who isnt the most intellectual of the two little boy ?

i don't know, but i do know who is funnier of the two of us!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!