By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spain, where the Wii failed?

Today, I went to buy a wii... i live in Barcelona.. and i dont find it...

I went to...

Media Markt (biggest retail in my neighborhood), Carrefour (hypermarket), El corte Inglés. (departament stores), Game (videogame retail..) and Opencor (24 hours retail)..

Super Mario Galaxi is sould out also..

Around the Network
havenbcn said:
Today, I went to buy a wii... i live in Barcelona.. and i dont find it...

I went to...

Media Markt (biggest retail in my neighborhood), Carrefour (hypermarket), El corte Inglés. (departament stores), Game (videogame retail..) and Opencor (24 hours retail)..

Super Mario Galaxi is sould out also..

Exactly the same here in canary island, i need a wii for my brother in law and i cannot find it, i have gone to all the shops and they don't have it, neither do super mario galaxy

Since when is Barcelona in Spain????

Just a joke.

Try importing from Germany.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Spain - 23 December 

GfK International

1. More Brain Training with Dr Kawashima (NDS)
2. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (NDS)
3. WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2008 (PS2)
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)
5. Trainig for your Eyes (NDS)
6. Wii Play (Wii)
7. Mario Party DS (NDS)
8. Triiviial (Wii)
9. Imagina ser Mamá (NDS)
10. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/30236/ventas-de-juegos-en-espana/

VG CHARTZ

ConsoleWeeklyTotal
Total231,090 

WOW!! PS3 dominates Spain!

Butter said:

Spain - 23 December

GfK International

6. Wii Play (Wii)
7. Mario Party DS (NDS)
8. Triiviial (Wii)

VG CHARTZ

ConsoleWeeklyTotal
Total231,090 

Don't look too much into those software figures. Wii sports is bundled and the vgchartz figures are hardware not software.

Around the Network
Butter said:

Spain - 23 December

GfK International

6. Wii Play (Wii)
7. Mario Party DS (NDS)
8. Triiviial (Wii)

VG CHARTZ

ConsoleWeeklyTotal
Total231,090 

That's how we roll in spain.

Well, i'm from Spain and where i live the Wii it's sold out everywhere. Maybe the Wii isn't selling as much as PS3 because we are not getting enough Wiis? I guess even Nintendo Spain didn't have much hope of selling a lot of consoles.

Khellendros said:
Well, i'm from Spain and where i live the Wii it's sold out everywhere. Maybe the Wii isn't selling as much as PS3 because we are not getting enough Wiis? I guess even Nintendo Spain didn't have much hope of selling a lot of consoles.

Or maybe the Spanish people prefer the PS3?

ismael said:
i think Ps brand have been famous in Spain because before the PS1, the console market was seen as a children market, when the ps1 came out there were games where you had to kill people or something like that, so all the Children (inmature teenagers) wanted that games to be cool, because of that, the playstation was "the first" console that became very famous in Spain, so when people think about consoles here, playstation is in their minds. Even today, when they play with a console (whatever they are), they say, let's play with the "play"(refering to playstation)

It's a very similar situation here in Croatia. The general media and mainstream gamers only know about playstation. Also, before original playstation ppl here were playing almost exclusively on their PC's. Success of the original Playstation wasn't that big, but it has prepared massive success of Playstation2.

Main(and almost only) console-orientated gaming magazine is pushing PS3 so hard, that they have even banned most of their nintendo-orientated users from their online forums. They're also spinning sales numbers worst than Sony itself. It's so tragic it's almost laughable. Even the mainstream media is pushing Ps3 hard. Only positive article about Wii i was able to find was in the most popular computer magazine "BUG".

Despite all that, Wii is selling like no other nintendo non-hanheld console before it. Their owners are spreading their positive opinions via forums or word of mouth, also ppl who try it at their friends house want to buy it. It is only a matter of days when the mainstream will start writing more about Wii(maybe with release of WiiFit?), and i'm wondering how will this reflect PS3 sales here.

joora said:
ismael said:
i think Ps brand have been famous in Spain because before the PS1, the console market was seen as a children market, when the ps1 came out there were games where you had to kill people or something like that, so all the Children (inmature teenagers) wanted that games to be cool, because of that, the playstation was "the first" console that became very famous in Spain, so when people think about consoles here, playstation is in their minds. Even today, when they play with a console (whatever they are), they say, let's play with the "play"(refering to playstation)

It's a very similar situation here in Croatia. The general media and mainstream gamers only know about playstation. Also, before original playstation ppl here were playing almost exclusively on their PC's. Success of the original Playstation wasn't that big, but it has prepared massive success of Playstation2.

Main(and almost only) console-orientated gaming magazine is pushing PS3 so hard, that they have even banned most of their nintendo-orientated users from their online forums. They're also spinning sales numbers worst than Sony itself. It's so tragic it's almost laughable. Even the mainstream media is pushing Ps3 hard. Only positive article about Wii i was able to find was in the most popular computer magazine "BUG".

Despite all that, Wii is selling like no other nintendo non-hanheld console before it. Their owners are spreading their positive opinions via forums or word of mouth, also ppl who try it at their friends house want to buy it. It is only a matter of days when the mainstream will start writing more about Wii(maybe with release of WiiFit?), and i'm wondering how will this reflect PS3 sales here.

Interesting, nice to get a perspective from the Balkans. Last time I was in that area everybody had chipped ps2s

By the way you speak excellent English. Pozdrav iz Australije.