By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 Screenshots "are only the tiniest touched up"

@ gebx

Target renders are common within this industry and they have come close. 8-) The director behind Assassin's Creed talked a little about this in a recent Gametrailers interview, it's common practise.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I think its really getting low how people are blowing this out of proportion. The game looks great and it MAY achieve more polished graphics. At this point in time its impressive alot already.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

@ Original Poster

Old news, who cares E3 05 was pre-rendered, the game looks good now. These have barely been touched up, just a simple color overlay. How is that the same as giving you pre-rendered and saying it's in-game? You (As well as this thread[flamebait]) fail, troll.

:)

Certain people simply just WANT Sony to crash and burn, where does this hate stem from? They've given us four great consoles and thousands of games, we should be respectful and greatful!

Yojimbo said:
Sony sucks.

i dont evn think this is even a serious statement lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ gebx

Target renders are common within this industry and they have come close. 8-) The director behind Assassin's Creed talked a little about this in a recent Gametrailers interview, it's common practise.

Assassins Creed has never been hyped about it graphics, it promised gameplay and delivered (well most agree it delivered), on the other hand Killzone 2's hype as all been about its graphics.

It seems its a common practice for Sony games... Wasn't there a similar fiasco for Motorstorm?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

It's hard to judge anything from such tiny screen shots, but it looks like the right shot was significantly sharpened.

It still looks good, and these are meant to be seen on large HDTVs, so they can touch these up so they look as good as they would when veiwed in motion on a large HDTV.

Would it surprise you to know that every screen grab is touched up by every company that puts screens on the net and print?

I can clearly see you are a 360 fanboy. For you to not believe that MS never doctored a shot for their games is of fool's intelligence.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

Yeah it still lookst good but that isn't the point here, If it alreay lookst this good why would they need to touch it up? Why do it, I just do not understand it.