By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Best Anime of All Time

To add to the most that have been posted, Gankutsuou: The Count Of Monte Cristo is one of the best I've seen. Even better is that it follows the story of the original novel pretty nicely, even though making the anime a scifi version of it. And one of the coolest art styles ever.

Around the Network

Death Note is so freaking amazing that nothing comes close. If it wasn't for the final episode it would be the best thing I've watched in my life (better than any movie or tv-series).

I've only watched 3 anime

naruto, bleach, and death note... i read alot of manga though now! :P

My fav 2 then are death note and naruto, but thats only from an anime point of view i guess

Oh man, i dont know.

Alexander Senki, Dragon Ball, Ruroni Kenshin, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bleach, Gantz, .....but i think Cowboy Bebop is the best. I cry everytime i watch the two last episodes :(

pokemon or moomin.

Around the Network

It's Sailor Moon. Funniest shit ever made.

I'm disappointed in VGChartz.  Cowboy Bebop has only been mentioned 5 or 6 times in the first 50 posts.

It's a masterpiece from every angle.  Masterful characterization, awesome universe for a setting, the perfect soundtrack for the content.  It got every emotion out of you.  It was funny as hell, but got your blood pumping with beautiful fight scenes, but could cause you to tear up, and all within the same episode.  The set up of a bunch of vignette-styled episodes with a slowly progressing overarching plot worked perfectly.  The final few episodes, full of foreshadowing and powerful emotions, serve as a perfect climax for the series, and the ending provides the all the catharsis you could ever need.

It really is underappreciated depsite being loved a ton.  It deserves more than just the adoration of anime fans.  It deserves the attention of the intelligencia as well.  Certain scenes are up there with anything from the canon of cinema. 

Its really hard so IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER (plus will have missed much from all categories)

OLDER STUFF           MORE RECENT                           MOVIES           

robotech                    Death note                                Ghost in the Shell

Astro boy                    Otogi Zoshi                                Akira                  

Star Blazers                  Saiyuki                                      Ninja Scroll

Crying Freeman        Texhnolyze                                 Vampire Hunter D

Yu Yu Hakusho          Ghost in the Shell sac              Blood

Battle of the Planets  Full metal Alchemist            Jin Roh

Voltron                        Samurai Champloo                 Studio Ghibli Movies

Cowboy Bebop                         Pat labor

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Naruto and Cowboy bebop

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Gurren Lagann and Cowboy Bebop among strong contenders (One Piece, DBZ, Naruto, Hokuto no Ken, Saint Seiya)

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com