By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Two years late to the party - Valkyria Chronicles is awesome!

I know that I am about two years late into this, however I just bought Valkyria Chronicles and I have been absolutely blown away. The art style in the game is amazing, the game depth is amazing, the characters are great and the story is fun! I am still in Chapter 5 of the game (so please no spoilers), however I am enjoying every second of it!

I was reluctant to buy the game earlier as it did not have trophy support but loading the game made me remember why I used to play games in the first place (ie to have fun). Anyway, will now probably start joining the group begging for VC2 and VC3 to be released on the PS3 as well.

In the meantime, off to the game and Squad 7 ... move out!

Around the Network

I know you meant to say Valkyria Chronicles is "fucking" awesome but you had to follow site rules.  VC is almost perfect.  You're set up for many hours of great strategic gameplay .  Enjoy!

My PS3 was struck by the YLOD yesterday.

You've made me realize that I don't have a backup of saves from games like Valkyria Chronicles or, expecially, Final Fantasy XIII. Two games I've put some time in and haven't completed yet.

Though there was some good yesterday, I was able to eject Metal of Honor before the system went completely kaput. A $3 rental didn't turn into me having to buy that mediocre game.

IllegalPaladin said:

You've made me realize that I don't have a backup of saves from games like Valkyria Chronicles or, expecially, Final Fantasy XIII. Two games I've put some time in and haven't completed yet.

Though there was some good yesterday, I was able to eject Metal of Honor before the system went completely kaput. A $3 rental didn't turn into me having to buy that mediocre game.

Hope you get to solve this. I believe that the HDD shouldn't be corrupted anyway so I guess the save data should still be there.

@d21lewis: yes the thread title would have been better off with 'fucking awesome' :).

Fufinu said:
IllegalPaladin said:

Hope you get to solve this. I believe that the HDD shouldn't be corrupted anyway so I guess the save data should still be there.

@d21lewis: yes the thread title would have been better off with 'fucking awesome' :).

Unless there's a way of extracting the data from the hard drive, I'll probably just try the PS3 repair guide and see if I can get it to work again. Even if it does, it'll just be for running a backup of the saves on the hard drive. I doubt I'd be able to trust it with disks anymore as these repairs are only temporary.

Still, not bad for a 60gb launch PS3 considering all it's been through with the oriringal CPU/GPU running so hot comapred to the slims. It's lasted thruogh long sessions of Killzone 2 in the summer without air conditioning while sitting on the floor to a few days where it was on all the time (Arkham Asylum was like a good book, started and couldn't stop till it was done). While I frequently blow the system off using an air compressor, I can't imagine how much junk is going to be inside the system if I open it up.

Around the Network
Fufinu said:

I know that I am about two years late into this, however I just bought Valkyria Chronicles and I have been absolutely blown away. The art style in the game is amazing, the game depth is amazing, the characters are great and the story is fun! I am still in Chapter 5 of the game (so please no spoilers), however I am enjoying every second of it!

I was reluctant to buy the game earlier as it did not have trophy support but loading the game made me remember why I used to play games in the first place (ie to have fun). Anyway, will now probably start joining the group begging for VC2 and VC3 to be released on the PS3 as well.

Yes VC is pure Awesomeness I hope you have meany hours of fun with the game.  and we all wish that VC had not gone portable only. blame it on the proliferation of FPS.  

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

hikaruchan said:
Fufinu said:

Yes VC is pure Awesomeness I hope you have meany hours of fun with the game.  and we all wish that VC had not gone portable only. blame it on the proliferation of FPS.  

We might wish it didnt go portable only...but damn is VC2 still amazing

Well your in for a treat! I loved this game so much, immediately started a 2nd playthrough right after I beat it, and then a 3rd!

im buying this game soon as well as yakuza 3!

It is indeed a marvelous game, the only thing I don't like is the storytelling in some instances and the rather childish nature of the whole universe at times. The main thing is the gameplay though, it is the closest thing to a perfect strategy game I've played this side of Civilization!