By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website redirected

Sometimes when I go to this website, something completely takes over and redirects me (without my consent) to another website which tells me I have a bunch of errors in my hard drive and have of spyware or whatever and tells me to download(I think) something to get rid of it. It has happen a bunch of times now and I am irritated. Has anyone encountered the same problem and how do you stop it?

Around the Network

I've had many problems getting here, but none like you have described

double post

Happened to me last night when I was on my bosses computer at work! Then, the pop-ups started. It may happen at home, but I usually use the Wii.

firefox +adblock pro

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Even with firefox I generally get popups

haven't gotten many pop ups here- i just get that stupid website redirection and the "Hi, you have been selected to win a free Apple iPhone."

yes, i have the same problem, since some days recently. It's not drivecleaner, as it was previously, but another program. It's a virus. And, i already did a thread on this subject, when it was drivecleaner.

It seems to be either...

a) Adware/Spyware on your PC
b) Virus

The first one is the most likely, so I recommend you using some spyware removal tool like Spybots or Adaware.

that hasnt happened to me