By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 vs N64

N64 292 46.65%

PS3 332 53.04%

Total:624
fps_d0minat0r said:

heres the fact:

if ps3 existed in n64 days, the n64 would have been the equivelent of webbrowser gaming of today......it would have failed as a console.

if n64 existed today (which they do and sell for extremely low prices online) theres still more people playing ps3 while the n64's are in the loft with a thick layer of dust (ok there always happens to be one guy saying "i still play mine")

so how the f*** is the n64 better?

i love ps3 but will i say its better than a console after a few decades? NO because it wont be.

n64 probably has lots of fans because they all grew old and now they cant compete with the new generation in competitive gaming and their big ego has died out so they wish they could go back in time..........anyone got a better explanation (keeping in mind what i said at the beginning)

Here's the true fact: Three N64 games (GoldenEye,Ocarina of Time,Super Mario 64) are still included in lists of the greatest games of all time.Ocarina usually comes first and the rest are still high placed on those lists. Even if you ignore those games  there are others which are still loved by gamers: Lylat Wars,Banjo-Kazooie,Mario Kart Racing etc.

So far the PS3 has 1 exclusive title that people will probably remember :Uncharted 2. The rest of them are either pretty good sequels or games that are very good but their gameplay was based on something else.Even UC isnt original.

GoldenEye introduced how shooters should be played on consoles,Mario 64 was a whole new gaming experience when it came out (probably the first full 3d game) and its controls were masterful,and Ocarina of Time is simply the Best game ever released.

So don't speak of things you haven't experienced or you don't understand.

Around the Network
AngelosL said:

GoldenEye introduced how shooters should be played on consoles,Mario 64 was a whole new gaming experience when it came out (probably the first full 3d game) and its controls were masterful,and Ocarina of Time is simply the Best game ever released.

As I mentioned in a post before Goldeneye did nothing of the sort. It showed FPS' could be popular on consoles, especially the MP aspect, but it was the following gen that truly showed how FPS' should be played on consoles.

Mario 64 I agree was new for the time and went on to influence a number of cartoony 3D platform titles.

Ocarina of Time being the best game ever is completely subjective.

N64 has games with more replay value.... I remember playing Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Mario Kart 64, Golden Eye 007, Super Mario 64 and others... for the entire generation without losing interest via Local MP. This generation... the best games keep my interest for about a year via online MP.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

fps_d0minat0r said:

heres the fact:

if ps3 existed in n64 days, the n64 would have been the equivelent of webbrowser gaming of today......it would have failed as a console.

if n64 existed today (which they do and sell for extremely low prices online) theres still more people playing ps3 while the n64's are in the loft with a thick layer of dust (ok there always happens to be one guy saying "i still play mine")

i love ps3 but will i say its better than a console after a few decades? NO because it wont be.

n64 probably has lots of fans because they all grew old and now they cant compete with the new generation in competitive gaming and their big ego has died out so they wish they could go back in time..........anyone got a better explanation (keeping in mind what i said at the beginning)

There's so much fail with this post, don't even know where to start?

1. Nobody said a word about N64 existing today and competing with PS3... and if it did... Nintendo would'nt be stupid enough to come out with low quality hardware oh and it would've been a hardcore console... 3rd party support of today...and with Golden Eye 007 ...this generation has favored FPS and hypothetically speaking... if Golden Eye 007 never happened and happened today instead with the N64 existing today... it would be like Halo

2. Capitalize the first letter in every sentence you make please... with the way you talk and the careless spelling/grammer... you make me think your a 12 year old that plays MW2 all the time... yeah I know it's internet but even for internet standards my impression...

3. The N64 fans that are all grown up now have probably played more FPS games then a little brat running his mouth on a video game forum... and as a result have more skill because of the experience. A lot top players in gaming probably come from that generation because of experience.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Calmador said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

heres the fact:

2. Capitalize the first letter in every sentence you make please... with the way you talk and the careless spelling/grammer... you make me think your a 12 year old that plays MW2 all the time... yeah I know it's internet but even for internet standards my impression...

3. The N64 fans that are all grown up now have probably played more FPS games then a little brat running his mouth on a video game forum... and as a result have more skill because of the experience. A lot top players in gaming probably come from that generation because of experience.

Underlined: If you're going to criticize a person's spelling and grammar, at least watch yours.

Bear in mind, I don't agree with what he said at all. And it honestly shames me as a PS3 fan.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
Calmador said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

heres the fact:

Underlined: If you're going to criticize a person's spelling and grammar, at least watch yours.

Bear in mind, I don't agree with what he said at all. And it honestly shames me as a PS3 fan.

(Sigh)

Your the kind of person that annoys the rest of us who don't care about spelling/grammer as if it was a life or death situation or something?? It's internet but even for internet that kid went to far.

Your just as annoying as him for correcting my spelling/grammer believe it or not, the difference is that your just on the other side of the extreme.

Calmador said:

(Sigh)

Your the kind of person that annoys the rest of us who don't care about spelling/grammer as if it was a life or death situation or something?? It's internet but even for internet that kid went to far.

Your just as annoying as him for correcting my spelling/grammer believe it or not, the difference is that your just on the other side of the extreme.

Mellow out, I was kidding. Though if it's not a life or death situation and you find it annoying, then you shouldn't be doing the same (hey, at least from your response, you seemed to understand what he was saying).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

AngelosL said:

Here's the true fact: Three N64 games (GoldenEye,Ocarina of Time,Super Mario 64) are still included in lists of the greatest games of all time.Ocarina usually comes first and the rest are still high placed on those lists. Even if you ignore those games  there are others which are still loved by gamers: Lylat Wars,Banjo-Kazooie,Mario Kart Racing etc.

So far the PS3 has 1 exclusive title that people will probably remember :Uncharted 2. The rest of them are either pretty good sequels or games that are very good but their gameplay was based on something else.Even UC isnt original.

I kind of agree with you. Maybe the N64 got a smaller game library but there is much more games on N64 that revitalize their own genre. I can only think about LBP, Uncharted 2 and maybe, I say maybe Heavy Rain (concept was good, story was so bad). Don't make me start on the N64: Mario64, Zelda OCT, MM, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark....Need some more...

wiilicious said:
AngelosL said:

I kind of agree with you. Maybe the N64 got a smaller game library but there is much more games on N64 that revitalize their own genre. I can only think about LBP, Uncharted 2 and maybe, I say maybe Heavy Rain (concept was good, story was so bad). Don't make me start on the N64: Mario64, Zelda OCT, MM, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark....Need some more...

Did you just say Heavy Rain's story was bad?

All I have to say is, Zelda: OOT

Best game ever. ps3 games dont even come close.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad