By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you truly a Gran Turismo fan? (a rant, sorry)

Fame_Mcswagg said:

When people say fed up with PD, have they slighted you in some way? Is it really that serious that you wouldn'y buy a game that you would more than likely enjoy when it's release because the game wasn't realeased when you thought it should be. I doubt it is delayed becuase of lack of effort, That's like saying I'm not going to watch the hobbit because the studio and the unions can't get their @*#t together. I mean to each his own I guess but it seems sorta petty to me.

With Peter Jackson at the helm, I will assure you it will not be delayed and delayed.  Its not the Hobbits fault that its parent company went bankrupt.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
Seece said:

I think a lot of PS3 """"Fans""""" here cling onto GT5 and have no intentions of buying it

Not my case.

poroporo said:
Seece said:

I think a lot of PS3 """"Fans""""" here cling onto GT5 and have no intentions of buying it

Not my case.

you buy amazon? ewww...

but hey, it has a release window.. nov 12-17, seems quite reasonable given the reason for the delay. but then again the LBP2's release window is totally bogus.

bugrimmar said:
poroporo said:
Seece said:

Not my case.

you buy amazon? ewww...

but hey, it has a release window.. nov 12-17, seems quite reasonable given the reason for the delay. but then again the LBP2's release window is totally bogus.

When Amazon has stock, it's fine. This week they didn't have Time Crisis in stock so I'll have to find it locally. :(

And yes, they rarely fix their release dates. They still haven't updated GT5 and LBP.

Kasz216 said:

You do know fan doesn't equal willing to put up with any and all bullshit that comes there way right?

If you do that, your not a fan, your obssessed to an unhealthy degree.

People can very much be fans and then something negative happens... like multiple delays and people say "That's enough."

Were the people who stopped liking Michael Vick as a football player because he tortured dogs "Not really a fan."

When a second or third game turns out to suck, are the people that don't buy those "not really a fan."

The many people who would of bought Duke Nukem Forever, but won't because it's been 12 years...

are they suddenly not Duke Nukem fans?

You aren't a fan, your acting obssessed... you come off vaguely like the "Leave Britney Alone" guy.

Fandom isn't undying love and unquestioning loyalty.  It's just simply liking something.

Hell you can be a fan of a game and never buy it.   My friend who doesn't have a PS3 is a fan of Valkria Chronicles, because he played it at my house.

This situation is slightly different. This isn't Chinese Democracy, Duke Nukem Forever, or the next George RR Martin book we are talking about. The game still has a solid release window, and people throwing up their arms in disgust after the second actual delay of the game likely never really cared much for it in the first place. Not that there is anything wrong with enjoying whatever the next big thing is, but I have to agree the people in question likely never really had a desire for this game specifically.

I do agree with most of the rest of what you said. A lot of his rant is way over the top, but I can see what kind of childish behavior inspired it. The internet is where people go to lie about how awesome they are to make their imaginary threats seem somehow serious or to troll others. The gaming community in particular is chock full of them. Personally I am sick to death of them as well.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Double post.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:

Double post.

gnizmo > bugrimmar :(

Admittedly, this is the sort of thing that generally keeps me from saying that I'm a 'fan' of anything. It's not that I don't appreciate things or like them. Quite the contrary, I rather enjoy a lot of games, consoles, etc, and I do so quite equally. It's mostly the fact that the term 'fan' is now basically synonymous with 'raving, frothing fanatic'.

Used to be that it was a very positive term. When you were a fan, you were something that really enjoyed a particular interest. Now you get the loudest possible people screeching from the tops of their pedestals and that's pretty much the image people get now when one claims to be a fan of something.

Kind of sad to see the terminology take that sort of a turn.

I read a sentence or two, then skimmed the rest in seconds...

Moral of the story:

JUST RELEASED THE GODDAMN GAME ALREADY.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

The game is on my list, although I'm not a fan of the GT series. The constant delays are somewhat displeasing, but nothing more.

Just waiting.

Try my new level at LittleBigPlanet: Amok's Cave ;D

Get your Portable ID!

Currently playing 
PS3: Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.
Wii: - 

Hyped for: The Last Guardian, Binary Domain.