By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
Ginyu said:

Halo is a faster seller than GT

And nowadays a better seller aswell.

Its not that unfair a comparison, but like i saw GT5P came out before GT5 unlike ODST which came after Halo 3, had the ODST come before Halo 3 kinda like a Halo 3 Prologue it would have sold better than GT5P.

GTAIVs expansions have sold 2.5 million on disc aswell, thats not counting how much its sold off of Xbox Live, PSN either. And people were overall not all that impressed GTA4. And again that came after.

So while GT5Ps sales are impressive its nothing out of this world, if MW3 Prologue came out in January its top that 5 million in a week.

friza ginyu majin buu whatever.

your posts are pure lolz. 

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
Hyruken said:

So basically 41% of this website think it will sell almost 15m units?

I think this thread will be resurected many times over the coming years to show how high expectation for the game was.

If it get's beyond 8m i will be amazed let alone nearly double that!

Yes it will be resurected, to show how many of you have little understanding of this franchise. 

yahh 8m is amazing, for a game whos demo sold 5 million rofl.

Firstly you can use GT5:P to get to whatever conclusion you want but the game was not sold at full price. It started at £22, that is almost half of what full games cost to buy. Then it rapidly was discounted and included with consoles in UK. Point being saying Prologue sold 5m doesn't tell the story of how it got there does it?

Secondly saying people have little understanding of the series because they think it will sell lower is a bit silly.

To put what your saying into context, your saying GT5 will sell pretty much more then Gears 1 2 and Fifa 10 on 360 COMBINED. Or pretty much sell more then the top 2 selling games on the PS3 combined (MW2 and GTA4).

That is your expectations for the game. To not only sell more then the top selling PS3 game but to almost double it.

I don't think that is not understanding the franchise, i think it is not understanding reality...

Ginyu said:

Sales aside, im interested in how the reviews will be for this. GT PSP's were mixed and from what ive heard GT4 wasnt all that good.

Well good  you are proving you know nothing about this franchise.  Does explains your posts.

NA reviewers were pmsing that online was cut just before release.  GT PSP is half a GT game.  

Can I get a new Twisted Metal game instead??

Hyruken said:
Blue3 said:
Hyruken said:

So basically 41% of this website think it will sell almost 15m units?

I think this thread will be resurected many times over the coming years to show how high expectation for the game was.

If it get's beyond 8m i will be amazed let alone nearly double that!

Yes it will be resurected, to show how many of you have little understanding of this franchise. 

yahh 8m is amazing, for a game whos demo sold 5 million rofl.

Firstly you can use GT5:P to get to whatever conclusion you want but the game was not sold at full price. It started at £22, that is almost half of what full games cost to buy. Then it rapidly was discounted and included with consoles in UK. Point being saying Prologue sold 5m doesn't tell the story of how it got there does it?

Secondly saying people have little understanding of the series because they think it will sell lower is a bit silly.

To put what your saying into context, your saying GT5 will sell pretty much more then Gears 1 2 and Fifa 10 on 360 COMBINED. Or pretty much sell more then the top 2 selling games on the PS3 combined (MW2 and GTA4).

That is your expectations for the game. To not only sell more then the top selling PS3 game but to almost double it.

I don't think that is not understanding the franchise, i think it is not understanding reality...

How is it you all that closed minded ?

x game sold this amount so none can best it.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:

Halo is a faster seller than GT

And nowadays a better seller aswell.

Its not that unfair a comparison, but like i saw GT5P came out before GT5 unlike ODST which came after Halo 3, had the ODST come before Halo 3 kinda like a Halo 3 Prologue it would have sold better than GT5P.

GTAIVs expansions have sold 2.5 million on disc aswell, thats not counting how much its sold off of Xbox Live, PSN either. And people were overall not all that impressed GTA4. And again that came after.

So while GT5Ps sales are impressive its nothing out of this world, if MW3 Prologue came out in January its top that 5 million in a week.

friza ginyu majin buu whatever.

your posts are pure lolz. 

Ok calm down, no need to let me get to you over something so trivial.

Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:

Sales aside, im interested in how the reviews will be for this. GT PSP's were mixed and from what ive heard GT4 wasnt all that good.

Well good  you are proving you know nothing about this franchise.  Does explains your posts.

NA reviewers were pmsing that online was cut just before release.  GT PSP is half a GT game.  

Or its a portable game instead? GTA LCS was less than half of GTA SA didnt top that getting good reviewers and sales did it.

Erm that doesnt really prove anything, GT PSP has a 74% score on metacritc, which is mixed or average reviews...you know like i said it had.

GT4's user reviews are a 8.3, its not too bad, but worse than the other 3.

CGI-Quality said:
Blue3 said:

http://www.gtplanet.net/uk-retailer-dedicates-all-employees-to-handle-gt5-orders/

YAhh really gonna struggle for sales, rofl. 

In fairness, that's just one retailer, but I imagine the game will have little trouble becoming one of the biggest sellers in EMEAA this gen.

Yeah, if there is one thing i've learned looking at EMEAA sales...

It's that while the USA has FPS and the Japanese RPGS.

The big seller in Europe = Racers.

Sorry Blue, but it seems the general concesus of the educated members of VGChartz all think in a range of 9-11 million, where 8-12 million is also possible. According to all the evidence I've seen on this and other threads, 15 million seems just as unlikely as 6 million.

9-11 million sales on the PS3 platform is successful. It shows despite the smaller instal base, and lack of home console superiority, the game will still sell typical GT numbers. Thats an acomplishment on its own. Sure Mario Kart now has the racing game crown, but GT5 will always hold the Simulation crown.

So is it failing to sell? It will almost definatly not be the best selling GT game. However anything near 10 million is nothing to cry about.

I'm going to just stop with this thread. Just skimming though the last 10-15 pages everyone agree's 9-11 million. The bulk ofthe posts are just one or two trolls just trying to force their opinions, and others trying to talk some sence into them. :P

1 week to go.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:
Ginyu said:

Or its a portable game instead? GTA LCS was less than half of GTA SA didnt top that getting good reviewers and sales did it.

Erm that doesnt really prove anything, GT PSP has a 74% score on metacritc, which is mixed or average reviews...you know like i said it had.

GT4's user reviews are a 8.3, its not too bad, but worse than the other 3.

LOL: check this user review dude who gave GT4 a 0:

Man, if only this game could be made on actual next -generation hardware instead of 4 year old hardware that was outdated when it came out, it might be ok. Too bad Sony pays off everyone so that games that could be great can't be seen on good hardware. GT3 looked just like GT2, pop- up, graininess and all, and GT4 will look the same way. Don't be fooled by the screenshots. The XBOX couldn't do that and as we all know it is about 3 or 4 times as powerful as the PS2. Find a different reason to back a company than because of its out of date name. Forza will kill this game because people that love cars will actually be able to see what the cars look like today, not what they looked like in '98 when the PS2, oops I mean PS1 came out. Sorry, I get the graphics engines mixed up when I see them. LOSERS!

Lulz.... so before talking about the user review, don't forget that alot of trolls are posting in it.