By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV stays free due to 'current state of the game'

Final Fantasy XIV stays free due to 'current state of the game'

How nice of Square Enix 38 23.60%

To little to late 46 28.57%

30 days wont be enough time to fix FF XIV 77 47.83%

Total:161
darthdevidem01 said:
NiKKoM said:

I don't even think people would want to play the game if SE gave money with it..

These people would!!!!!!!!!!!

XD

Around the Network

Something is really wrong in S-E land...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

baggy said:
darthdevidem01 said:
NiKKoM said:

I don't even think people would want to play the game if SE gave money with it..

These people would!!!!!!!!!!!

XD

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Considering the issues this game has 30 days is nothing. It could work if it were mere bugs, but looking at all the issues FFXIV is having you would need several months.

FFXIV is the flop of the year and there's nothing SE can do about that. They messed up, badly, and it'll cost them.

come on guys did anybody here hating even play the game? I figured people on this site would at least do so checking before hating.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c07a85c2f170a53057f5a39f56e6fc02b03b1184

Every SINGLE problem people had will be fixed in a month...  SE said it and has a time frame. SE hate is amazing from people who can not/have not played the game.

P.S. i played ff11 for 5 years and it was bad at the start also. FF14 is awesome imo and the class/crafting system is the best in any MMO.

Around the Network

By all means this is interesting to follow. Let's see if there is hope left for Final Fantasy.

My website: Precocious Ragamuffin

badgenome said:

I vote for all three choices.

I could actually see that as a sentence with some buts and ands sprinkled in there.

Dno said:

come on guys did anybody here hating even play the game? I figured people on this site would at least do so checking before hating.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c07a85c2f170a53057f5a39f56e6fc02b03b1184

Every SINGLE problem people had will be fixed in a month...  SE said it and has a time frame. SE hate is amazing from people who can not/have not played the game.

P.S. i played ff11 for 5 years and it was bad at the start also. FF14 is awesome imo and the class/crafting system is the best in any MMO.

Perhaps, but first impressions are important.  Any chance that FF14 had of taking even a marginal bit of the WoW pie is gone gone gone.

P.S.  I don't like WoW either.

@ crazy man

yup that is very true... if these fixes work right the only way its getting near wow is a price drop to like 19.99... which is super sad because ive been in the game since closed beta and i love it its wonderful.

However just like ff11 it does not need to be 10 million to be a worthwhile venture for SE. that is a good thing. im 100% sure they will make lots of cash off it just like ff11.

shio said:
Diablerie said:

Maybe this will stop them from using numbers on their MMO's.

I'm already sad enough that my collection goes from 10 to 12. 

FFXI was their biggest game ever, so why would they not the main numbers on MMOs?

And proof of this is?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!