By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Standard controllers

Fighting games definitely call for a standard controller. Same with Monster Hunter Tri.

FPS, I love the wii controls for campaign, but gotta go with standard for multiplayer(perhaps conduit2 can change my mind)

I also loved using wiimote/nunchuck for Mariokart(yoshi w/motorcycle). I was excited to hear trackmania was controllable via nunchuck.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

until motion controls can be PROPERLY adapted for ALL genres of games the standard controller is still the best

So Motion controls became the best years ago!

Without mentioning the words keyboard, or mouse, describe how a standard controller is better for a particular genre.

Well, since Metroid Prime 3 I really don't like playing FPS/TPS with dual analogue. I can play them and sometimes I enjoy them anyway (Gears 1 & 2) but I sure wish I had that Wiimote instead.

Hopefully Move becomes successful so we get the option of motion controllers in PS3 games as well!

scottie said:
oniyide said:

until motion controls can be PROPERLY adapted for ALL genres of games the standard controller is still the best

So Motion controls became the best years ago!

Without mentioning the words keyboard, or mouse, describe how a standard controller is better for a particular genre.

When I want Travis Touchdown to swing his sword on the 360, I press Y.

When I want Travis Touchdown to swing his sword on the Wii, I have to slash my arm three times before I get a reaction. 

I've also played Brawl on the Wii, it's a horrible mess with the Wiimote and it's disgusting that Nintendo allowed it to release without giving away a normal controller with it. I don't have any problems playing Street Fighter, Tekken or SoulCalibur on my Dualshock 3.

The only shooters I have played properly on the Wii are Ghost Squad and  Red Steel, based on them two, the controls aren't too great. They are bad games though, so I'll give the Wiimote the benefit of the doubt.

I also doubt a game like Demons Soul's could be played very well with the Wiimote. The game requires precision and that's something the Wiimote can' provide. It's also an extremely engaging game, it uses all the buttons on the standard controller, unless you want to use the inaccurate motion controls, then the Wiimote doesn't have the buttons to satisfy that certain player.

Plenty of games can't be played with Motion Controls, it also doesn't help that the Wii drops out of sync and you have to recalibrate while your still in the game. I didn't mention any other motion controller because I've only played with the Wiimote, but I'm guessing the Move and Kinect will suffer from the same problems. 

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop, if you need to swing your wii remote three times to get a reaction in NMH, and you need to recalibrate the controller during gameplay, that means your wii remote is broken.

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:

When I want Travis Touchdown to swing his sword on the Wii, I have to slash my arm three times before I get a reaction.

That's factually incorrect. You swing the beam sword in NMH by pressing A. You shift your stances with the Wiimote, which is perfectly functional.

You've

You've never played No More Heroes on the Wii, have you.

Doobie_wop said:
scottie said:
oniyide said:

it also doesn't help that the Wii drops out of sync and you have to recalibrate while your still in the game.

I had a huge response prepared, covering every single thing you said, but then I just deleted it all to focus on the important.

What are you even talking about? This does not occur. Either you are lying in order to make the Wii look bad, or you have actually been playing this by mistake. I don't know which of the two is funnier 

Most third-person shooters would be amazing with the RE4 controls on the Wii.

Khuutra said:
Doobie_wop said:

That's factually incorrect. You swing the beam sword in NMH by pressing A. You shift your stances with the Wiimote, which is perfectly functional.

You've

I can't believe he said this. And even if he talks about finishing moves, I never had to swing more than once for a finishing move and boy did it feel satisfying. :3

Khuutra said:
Doobie_wop said:

You've

Yes I have, I can even retell you what happens in the game. You fight normally, but then the prompt comes on the screen. The prompt tells you to swing the Wiimote in a certain direction, sometimes you use both the Nunchuck and the Wiimote. Red Steel and No More Heroes had been the first games I bought with my Wii back in 2008, I stopped playing No More Heroes because of how uncoordinated the gym areas had been to level up.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752