By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will 3DS have a drought?

Will 3DS have a drought?

Yes 22 37.29%

No 37 62.71%

Total:59

The one thing that makes me angry when I buy a new platform is knowing within a year their is usually a drought. Sometimes drought come early sometimes later, at the beggining or all of the above. I remember getting my DS and buying SuperMario64 and then not buying another game for a few months. Then about a year in their was another drought.

I remember buying Wii and the first year on the market their were months with no quality games, then two years of almost no huge titles. When I got my GameCube it suffered from the same thing a drought shortly after launch and a year before the gen ended another huge drought.

Smaller summer droughts happen almost every year so I don't really consider that a drought. But when a whole year goes by or 6-months without a big title I am pissed.

But with 3DS their appears to be major support never seen before on a Nintendo system, what are their 30 announced titles with many of them assumed launch window. GameCube never had that , DS never had that Wii never had that. So I hope their won't be a drought early on, but will the 3DS ever suffer a drought or will Nintendo be able to maintain this level of support throughout the 3DS's lifespan?

So will their be a drought on the 3DS?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Considering that the DS didn't have a drought I doubt the 3DS is going to have one.

The problem with the wii drought was the absence of 3rd party support, if you release most of your biggest games in the same period (Prime3, Mario Galaxy, SSB Brwal) it's only logical that you won't be able to release big games for a few years, and without 3rd parties the hole won't be filled...On 3DS, we have already seen the support is strong (at least from eastern developers), also not every game announced will come out at launch, so hopefully there will be time for developers to cook up something else (I still hope for F-zero and Pikmin in the future).

Aiddon said:

Considering that the DS didn't have a drought I doubt the 3DS is going to have one.

The DS had a drought though, in it's first year until Advance Wars and Mariokart came. At least that is how I remember it. Seeing the 3rd party support 3DS is already getting I strongly doubt that will be the case with the 3DS.

With all the titles announced no way.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

*Looks at 3rd party support for 3DS*

I'm not worried at all about a drought.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Given that third parties are betting on this one from the beginning, i would say no, though that's largely up to chance.

DS lacked third party support in the beginning (the masses bet on PSP), which led to that first-year drought it had.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Definately not. Theres no reason to think that.

Tease.

It's looks likely that a drought shouldn't be an issue, Nintendo are pumping out several titles and the third party support is immense, for a Nintendo system. If Nintendo keep up a steady rate of releases themsleves, and third party's don't flee from the 3DS in the coming years I wouldn't think there was any reason to worry. However it's impossible to say with 100% certainty wether it will or it won't. Unless anyone can see into the future?

Not a chance.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords