By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 with Japan is up 14k if 360 decline in US and PS3 stays level we could be within 5 k this week. 

Around the Network

I expected a lot more of Wii Party in software sales, although it seems helped Wii hardware to increase. Well, better wait until holiday to see if those sales increase.

360, PS3 and Move continue slowing down, and Wii continue increasing slightly like I said 2 weeks ago. 2 points for me :D

Soon all consoles will be in the same numbers.

Beuli2 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Beuli2 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Extremely POOR launch for Wii Party IMHO!

Actually, not really. Mario Party 8 opened with 32K too and ended up with 2 million. No one really expected this tittle to sell 200K first week or sell like Wii Play (aside for some crazy dudes).

Mario Party wasn't popular in EMEAA before 8 

This is the "wii brand name" game thats been released, I expected more.

VGChartz has Mario Party 7 lifetime at 120k! Compared to Wii Sports Resort at 8.2 million. Poor damage control.

Just because it has "Wii" in the name doesn't mean it is a Wii series for really. It is a lot more in line with the Mario Party series and that's obious. And what if Mario Part wasn't popular before 8? What does this has to do with it?

Exactly. The connection that wii party has to the previuos wii-iterations is mainly the miis and that it is a collection of many games. However the games themselves and the way they're brought to the table are quite different.

I truly dislike the way people, like the one you quoted, act. They call out others for saying things without properly backing up their facts, while they themselves back their facts up by assuming to understand how millions and millions of people think (in this case that people couldn't understand that games with the "wii"-name could be quite different from each other).

Thats what happens when you put "castlevania" on the box of a game...but not in the actual game.

Nintendogamer said:
Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:
Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:

2.6M seems like a lot to sell from now and march, it maybe lukcy and just hit the 13M projection mind,  Surley wii will be down by about 4M this year and sales between Jan and March 2011 wont be pretty.

I'd lol if it came true, would serve you right

Which waiter is involved in this?  it's bound to be about 4M down, it's over 500,000 down  now and will drop like a stone this christmas.

I hope your sense of humour isn't your best asset :/

I've got no assets since I was a mistake.

why are you saying the wii isn't going to sell in the holidays?

Wii party will carry on selling everyone knows that

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

Wii Party sales being so low is definitely a surprise. Still, it's the kind of game that could easily sell similar amounts every week for the next two years, so it's a waiting game on that one.

VGChartz

Dragon Quest 9 continues to sell above the 10K mark for another week, considering this is supposed to be such an obscure and niche franchise. Could possibly break 5M worldwide before the year is up, let's see how it holds it's ground over the holiday season.

CrankyStroming said:

Dragon Quest 9 continues to sell above the 10K mark for another week, considering this is supposed to be such an obscure and niche franchise. Could possibly break 5M worldwide before the year is up, let's see how it holds it's ground over the holiday season.

Erm....What? If you mean in Europe then it's probably a far less known JRPG franchise yes, but Dragon Quest is the biggest JRPG franchise in Japan, even more than any Final Fantasy. (If you count Pokemon, then it's the second biggest).

As for the Obscure part...quite an odd way to put it, as Dragon Quest practically created JRPGs xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
CrankyStroming said:

Erm....What? If you mean in Europe then it's probably a far less known JRPG franchise yes, but Dragon Quest is the biggest JRPG franchise in Japan, even more than any Final Fantasy. (If you count Pokemon, then it's the second biggest).

As for the Obscure part...quite an odd way to put it, as Dragon Quest practically created JRPGs xD

Still even DQ8 sold 700K in EU region last gen

Thats more than most console JRPG's have sold worldwide this generation.

Definetely not "obscure" as far as JRPG sales go even in Europe. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
CrankyStroming said:

Still even DQ8 sold 700K in EU region last gen

Thats more than most console JRPG's have sold worldwide this generation.

Definetely not "obscure" as far as JRPG sales go even in Europe. 

Yeah I know,  I was just measuring it to it's fanbase in Japan  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"