By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Fans, Who do you want OUT of the console race?

Severance said:
Joel12345 said:
Severance said:
Joel12345 said:

I can hear the Sony coming in.Why?

huh?

Sony Slayed Sega 

Sega want sony out

again , Sony has nothing to do with Sega doing terrible stuff.

....Sega Dreamcast did good OMG zales a while later ps2 is out DVD ZOMG 

Dreamcast stopped selling :( watch the video

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
dobby985 said:

The seeds of SEGA's demise were sown long before Dreamcast & Playstation 2.

They did an awesome job with Dreamcast and if it weren't for PS2, Sega could've have stuck around for awhile.

lol. You must have been wearing rose tinted specs.

oniyide said:

@metallicube what facts are those??? People just like the PS2 better it seems. Do you blame them???? they were coming of the behemoth that was PS1 while SEGA already had 2 failurs Saturn/32x. Blame the people that abandoned Sega

Sony created CG videos and told everyone that that was real time graphics for PS2 and then proceeded to show Final Fantasy, MGS, Tekken, etc. Effectively killing the Dreamcast off, regardless of how many great games were released on the system. Sega couldn't compete with bullshit. Now take your trolling to GAF where it belongs.

@snesboy  if people were foolish enough to believe those videos then whose fault is that??? i highly doubt that the PS2 sold that well cause of some videos, blame the DVD player for that.  there evil because they showed games that are on there system?? I would have respected Sega more if they went the distance. At least when the Cube was getting its ass kicked they fought to the end.

BTW what he hell is a GAF????

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
oniyide said:

@metallicube what facts are those??? People just like the PS2 better it seems. Do you blame them???? they were coming of the behemoth that was PS1 while SEGA already had 2 failurs Saturn/32x. Blame the people that abandoned Sega

So you think if the PS2 hadn't existed, DC would still have only sold 10 million?

Again, obviously Sega made some bad decisions that cost them, but there was also the outside influence of Sony drawing away consumers and 3rd parties that probably hindered many potential sales.

So while it was Sega who shot themselves in the foot, Sony sort of bashed that same foot with a hammer, so to speak :P

its just business , and sega couldn't handle it.... twice.

also didn't Nintendo also "Contribute" in Sega's demise? or are they too cute and pure to do such a thing?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

oniyide said:

BTW what he hell is a GAF????

Grizzly Acid Fishcakes.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

@Severance   finally someone with some damn sense here. I love Sega as much as the next guy, I still play Virtua Fighter every now and then. but if you cant stand the heat stay outta the kitchen, unfortuanately Sega was no longer able to stand the heat