By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 Week Countdown 2010

TWRoO said:
Nintendogamer said:

So is Wii doing better or worse than the overall number?

At the moment the Wii is doing better than all of our predictions except Luthor's

this is a good thing for the Wii, but not for our preditctions (in this competition fewer points is better, so jonop is currently in the lead)

Very good and Wii is up YoY this week so it's good moment for Wii, what was the average end of year Nunmber? if there is one.  At this point it seems Wii had 83.5M   in the bag,

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Immortal said:

Just a question; do you calculate the overall results by seeing how much the consoles have sold so far and using your formula to determine the points or do you just add up the points earned from weekly deviation. If I predicted that Wii would sell 10m, and it did, but I said that it would sell nothing till the last week when it would sell 10m all at once, would I just have an enormous amount of points or would I have no points at all?

Each week and each platform is a seperate prediction, so for your case you would get a good score of zero for week 10, but terrible scores for the rest of your weeks.... to win this you have to be consistant, however it's easy to lose with a small number of big mistakes.

At the end of the 10 weeks I will indeed do an additional calculation based on the sum of peoples predictions (so Luthor for example predicted 10 million for the Wii over the 10 weeks, so I will find out the deviation that 10 million is from the final VGC figure) the score for that is then multiplied by 3 (a number chosen to simply give more weight to it than any of the normal weekly predictions) and added to the whole.... as such it's probable everyone will have at least 1000 points by the end of it, jonop/Luthor/BHR-3 may possibly manage to do well enough to get under 1000.

TWRoO said:
Immortal said:

Just a question; do you calculate the overall results by seeing how much the consoles have sold so far and using your formula to determine the points or do you just add up the points earned from weekly deviation. If I predicted that Wii would sell 10m, and it did, but I said that it would sell nothing till the last week when it would sell 10m all at once, would I just have an enormous amount of points or would I have no points at all?

Each week and each platform is a seperate prediction, so for your case you would get a good score of zero for week 10, but terrible scores for the rest of your weeks.... to win this you have to be consistant, however it's easy to lose with a small number of big mistakes.

At the end of the 10 weeks I will indeed do an additional calculation based on the sum of peoples predictions (so Luthor for example predicted 10 million for the Wii over the 10 weeks, so I will find out the deviation that 10 million is from the final VGC figure) the score for that is then multiplied by 3 (a number chosen to simply give more weight to it than any of the normal weekly predictions) and added to the whole.... as such it's probable everyone will have at least 1000 points by the end of it, jonop/Luthor/BHR-3 may possibly manage to do well enough to get under 1000.

Ah, okay, I see. Thanks, :D.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

another prof>darth week for the win!

N°1 for the week. Being bullisch never been so good.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Around the Network

Maybe next year we'll have learned not to doubt the holiday effect on Wii and DS sales. Some people were only predicting 600k for wii when it did 1.53M

Though I have predicted DS will do 1.56M and 1.68M the next weeks.

Congratz to Luthor. Though his 1.80M for wii is rather odd when that is double his Black Friday prediction. And I don't think Wii will even increase to 2M

non-gravity said:

Maybe next year we'll have learned not to doubt the holiday effect on Wii and DS sales. Some people were only predicting 600k for wii when it did 1.53M

Congratz to Luthor. Though his 1.80M for wii is rather odd when that is double his Black Friday prediction. And I don't think Wii will even increase to 2M

We'll see about that 2m week. I was believing in walmart's gift card for my prediction. And I agree that my black friday week was not good especially for the DS.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Luthor said:
non-gravity said:

We'll see about that 2m week. I was believing in walmart's gift card for my prediction. And I agree that my black friday week was not good especially for the DS.

May get to 2M, but 1M alone in America's is possible, either way it will sell a lot.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Console Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide
n/a n/a 668,076 668,076
n/a n/a 648,202 648,202
n/a n/a 392,446 392,446
n/a n/a 298,941 298,941
n/a n/a 202,228 202,228

Looks like Luthor will best the Wii once more, probably be around 1700- 1800k I think (assuming ~1mil Americas and 100k Japan)

And I am still of the opinion that week 9 will be the largest week of the year, so while Luthor's prediction has week 9 coming down from week 8, I think they might just about meet in the middle (so week 9 will see VGC figures around 2 million)

I'm coming for you jonop!

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!