By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 10 Week Countdown 2010

non-gravity said:
TWRoO said:

non-gravity asked for the spreadsheet so he got it, all he has to do is put in the weeks numbers, and unless he knows something more about excel than me and can do it automatically there is then only about 2-3 minutes of re-ordering.

What I found out this week is that you can just select columns "Entrant" to "Week #".

Right click > Sort > Alternative Sort or something > Sort by > Week #

I supposed you knew before, but it should really take 10 sec :p

That's how I do it yes, I highlight the data I want sorting and use the "sort" button under the "data" tab in the ribbon.

to do it for the weekly data alone is 10 seconds worth yeah, but I also have to do the same for the 8 sections in the sheet I named "console"

Around the Network
non-gravity said:

I seem to have overestimated Kinect.

Let's hope my awesome other numbers can save me (excluding PSP) :p

Oh I noticed that in you first table the Consolers don't match their totals.

Ah yes, thanks.... I posted them but forgot to sort the "consolers" in the way we were just talking about, and edited within VGC but forgot about that bit.

Squilliam would be doing really well in the console only group if he hadn't overestimated Kinect.

Well GT5 launch is gonna screw up our PS3's black friday week

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

lock the thread its cursed

jonop will win it

he was also mentioned in my earlier post but i had not picked him b/c at that time VGC numbers were different than they are now, but i had chosen him as a candidate

if you dont believe he will win just look at his PS3 numbers he doesnt even have a big bump like many others on week 7 so he wont loose as much as most others then

im done i forfeit, i will try to enter as an alt next year to further prove my theory

Play Me

Around the Network

I nailed PS3 this week but my mistake on Kinect's launch week balances this one. Overall I underestimated the beginning of the holiday season...

Anyways it seems like DS will get a relatively lesser boost due to the impending 3DS just as I predicted, though my prediction was really low for it's first holiday weeks too.

darthdevidem01 said:

Well GT5 launch is gonna screw up our PS3's black friday week

I planned GT5 on Black Friday :p.

Though it might not move that much additional hardware

BHR-3 said:

jonop will win it

he was also mentioned in my earlier post but i had not picked him b/c at that time VGC numbers were different than they are now, but i had chosen him as a candidate

if you dont believe he will win just look at his PS3 numbers he doesnt even have a big bump like many others on week 7 so he wont loose as much as most others then

im done i forfeit, i will try to enter as an alt next year to further prove my theory

Lots of people don't have a big jump from wk6 - wk7, myself included as I didn't think GT5 would have as much of an impact as PS3 fans are assuming.... it being on BF week kind of annoys me though as with the bundles it will have will mean huge BF sales in America, plus the expected huge PAL release and I suspect we are all going to be low with week 5 predictions, with possible exceptions being Luthor and non-gravity.

Also assuming the winner based on a single week for a single console is a tad overboard, there are 50 predictions involved for everyone who predicted all 5 consoles, 1 week doesn't mean much overall... certainly not 1 good week (a bad week can effect things more, like Squilliams X360 week 2 just did)

BHR-3 said:

jonop will win it

don't take this competition so seriously

remember at the end of the day its mostly for fun!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

threads still cursed watch and see, winner will be one of the posters i mentioned most likely jonop

im just playing about the locking part

yes lots dont have that big jump but look at the rest of there sales, we can all pretty much gauge how the rest of the yrs numbers will look like, jonops out of all look pretty close to what they will do in reality

Play Me