By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crytek's thoughts on 3DS

From an interview between CVG and Cevat Yerli, Founder, CEO & President of Crytek.

What do you make of the 3DS? Has it affected your view of developing for Nintendo systems?

I think the 3DS is an quite awesome piece of hardware. At E3, I got a demonstration from... it's probably better not to say, but quite a senior person at Nintendo. That demo showed me a very powerful piece of graphics hardware, as well as a very interesting user-experience.

I think they have a very interesting platform on their hands. They have some problems here and there but they are aware and it's nothing that cannot be ironed out.

I think the price point they're targeting is very interesting. Everything looks like a winner on that platform. I actually wouldn't be surprised if there is some high-end gaming happening on that platform because of the raw power of the hardware.

Would you consider bringing Crysis to 3DS?

Whether we would like to or not depends on the platform itself. My initial contact with it is just that we got to see the platform at E3, going forward it may be very well that we look into putting the Cry Engine on that platform. But again this is initially thought only - nothing has been decided. There is an opportunity with Nintendo 3DS and Crytek.

Around the Network

What does he mean everything looks like a winner? The price is ridiculous and it's games look terrible to me imo.

So they were a little bit more impressed than Epic, huh...

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

gurglesletch said:

What does he mean everything looks like a winner? The price is ridiculous and it's games look terrible to me imo.

When was the price announced? Have you played the games? Don't make groundless assertions.

gurglesletch said:

Well anything that is not on a Sony thing looks terrible for you :P

Edit: imo

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

Oh, please put it on 3DS! I'd love to see what it would look like!

Cobra_ said:

So they were a little bit more impressed than Epic, huh...

Well, unlike Epic... they did actually get to look at the hardware rather then randomly speculate off rumors.

Gotta say... surprising response from Crytech though.

Though, meaningless to me, since i don't like any of their games.

its nice too see he is impressed with the hardware and after his company takes a closer look, it seems one of their games could make the jump.   cool   :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Reading this makes that previous crazy thread seem even more crazy.

Smeags said:

Reading this makes that previous crazy thread seem even more crazy.

It's funny though because of the "Well no duh, what would Crytech say" posts.