By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New LittleBigPlanet trailer...

kber81 said:
rickytan said:
I don't get the big deal about littlebigplanet. when i saw the first player it looked like a piece of crap game.

and this coming from a full blown sony supporter.

It's pretty difficult to beat X360 in shooters department so no wonder Sony is trying to search other ways to win some souls more. I agree it isn't the game that most PS3 users will buy on day one but Sony needs to expand in all directions.

So they gave up on beating the 360 in the FPS market and chose to take on the Wii in the casual market?  

Honestly, I think if this were a Wii game it would do much better (and I think the Spielberg game Blocks is going to do better).  This isn't any kind of biased remark, it's just Nintendo's audience is more geared towards that kind of game.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

Honestly, I think if this were a Wii game it would do much better (and I think the Spielberg game Blocks is going to do better). 

No way. This game is too complicated for avarage party games lover. 

Seriously twesterm your bias is getting old.

kber81 said:
twesterm said:

Honestly, I think if this were a Wii game it would do much better (and I think the Spielberg game Blocks is going to do better).

No way. This game is too complicated for avarage party games lover.

Seriously twesterm your bias is getting old.

Oh really?

This is from a random interview after googling "Little Big Planet" and simple.

I've shown the PlayStation controller to a non-gaming designer friend and she was baffled. How are you planning to make the creative tools you offer accessible to anyone who wants to take part in this experiment?

One of the things Media Molecule are focusing time on is making the user interface as simple as intuitive as possible, and they're good at doing that. They're experienced, skilled. They're working on a very intuitive UI. Essentially, there will be lots of pop up menus.

Now I admit, the interview is from last May but I doubt they suddenly decided to make the game complicated. They are making the game as simple as possible to appeal to as many people as possible.

I really don't see why people have such a hard time accepting that this is a beyond casual game. 

twesterm said:

Oh really?

Really. It's not about interface. It's about creating. Pretty complex games like Wiki tend to bomb on Wii.

kber81 said:
twesterm said:

Oh really?

Really. It's not about interface. It's about creating. Pretty complex games like Wiki tend to bomb on Wii.

If it isn't about the interface, what's so complicated? You could say the physics are complicated, but they are only as complicated as you make them and all the really complicated stuff is hidden from the player.

Once again, LBP is just another casual game that Sony is hyping the hell out of to attract casual gamers. Nothing else.  Don't take offense to this statement because I'm not saying anything bad about the game, I'm just saying it's not as hardcore as people are thinking it's going to be.

As for Zack and Wiki would have done about the same on any system. I would actually say it would do the best on the Wii because it would only work on the Wii and the art style.

Around the Network
twesterm said:

If it isn't about the interface, what's so complicated?

Creating. Whole idea of this game. I think it isn't a game you simply pick up and play. I think the main joy factor in this game comes not from playing levels but from creating levels. I would say it's some kind of editor in general. I don't find this game casual despite of cute characters.

This game looked amazing to me at first but now I don't know...

I'm confused as hell as to how you PLAY the game...

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Dont get it. Im not impressed, yet.

Carpe Diem!

I'm pretty sure people who don't expect good sales for this game will be suprised how well it will perfom in the eu - "hardcore gamers" over here aren't total casual haters like those in the US seem to be.

But instead of discussing how this will be a flop in sales because "it's on the false platform" , why can't we just discuss it's quality and how incredibly fun it will be to put together your own stages with 3 friends and offer them to other people?

this game will sell, just watch.