By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Fans, who do you want see OUT of the console race?

noone, competition is healthy and keeps everyone on their toes =)

Around the Network
rutea7 said:

Joking aside, I agree with this. IF we get rid of anyone, the guys remaining will get complacent and start to slack.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
rutea7 said:

Joking aside, I agree with this. IF we get rid of anyone, the guys remaining will get complacent and start to slack.

yup, this way they'll all try to bring their A game and come up with new better stuff every generation. =D

@nintendogamer  why would Sony fans want Ninty out??? IMO the PS3 and WII are diff. enough that they can coexist peacefully. and if it wasnt for Nintendo screwing up their SNES CD thing there would be no PS. Thanks Nintendo!!!

damndl0ser said:
A203D said:

I'm not some sort of trolling fanboy, but i would like to see MS outed from the console industry. i havent liked them for a long time, because of their Windows OS's and the expensive price points of all their products. Windows was a faulty OS way before the 360, people should've seen it coming imo. fair enough Sony and Nintendo are also buisnesses and they aim to make money as well, but they dont go too far, eg when the 360 came out you had to buy an expensive WiFi adapter, imo that should have been built in from the beginning. its these type of things they do which i think is desgined to exploit consumers. Sony and Nintendo seem like on some level they geniunly care about gaming, by supporting niche games and small projects, eg Ico, or Heavy Rain, etc. MS will keep releasing a new Halo every year because they know it will make them money. i dont think smaller studios would be able to survive if MS was the central console provider.

What a fracking joke.  Sony's products always cost more and are in the top 10% price wise, no matter if its a TV, MP3 player, Stereo System, Gaming Console, or ANYTHING THEY MAKE.  So this pretty much destroys your price point argument.  

You call having a gaming console twice the price of its competition not going to far?

Don't fool yourself none of these companies care about gaming.  They all have investors and all the investors care about is return on the dollar.  

On Topic, I would have to say I don't want to see Apple join the console war.  As I do not have enough spare spending money to purchase 4 consoles and games for each.  Hell, I can't afford the Iphone and its broadband package that you have to purchase with it, but I have it anyway.  Luckily my work pays for half of it.

Yeah, but this is one of the things i'm thinking about; it was in the ethos of Sony to release the PS3 as the best possible console it could be and sell it at a huge loss, they provided top notch reliable hardware by comparasion, they provided a lot of built in features at a loss, like blu ray, backward compatability, built in wifi, flash card readers, etc.

its in their ethos to do that. however does anyone really think that if Microsoft were not in a console war they wouldve extended warranty on faultly consoles, they didnt provide warranty for every RROD console anyway. they charge for online, they dont provided as many built in features.

my point is that because Microsoft and Apple are Amercian they have a different buisness ethos, and imo it seems to be that they care more about making money rather than quality a lot more than their competitiors. look at Windows or even GWRL in comparasion to Steam.

like you said about Apple, they cost way too much, and thats Exactly what Microsoft want imo, thats why i want them out, if they wernt in a console war and they had a monopoly on the industry like they want, they would do exactly what Apple are doing.

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:

I would have thought every sony fan would want Nintendo out of the console race.

i think its because on the majority of things, Sony and Nintendo fans have simillar tastes in gaming for the most part, while Microsoft and PC fans do the same to each , for the most part

(notice i said for the most part, means not everyone)

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Ajescent said:
Squilliam said:

The smokers. They don't deserve to compete.

What he said.

Thanks!

Tease.

None of them should go.But Sony will go first.

A203D said:
damndl0ser said:
A203D said:

Yeah, but this is one of the things i'm thinking about; it was in the ethos of Sony to release the PS3 as the best possible console it could be and sell it at a huge loss, they provided top notch reliable hardware by comparasion, they provided a lot of built in features at a loss, like blu ray, backward compatability, built in wifi, flash card readers, etc.

its in their ethos to do that. however does anyone really think that if Microsoft were not in a console war they wouldve extended warranty on faultly consoles, they didnt provide warranty for every RROD console anyway. they charge for online, they dont provided as many built in features.

my point is that because Microsoft and Apple are Amercian they have a different buisness ethos, and imo it seems to be that they care more about making money rather than quality a lot more than their competitiors. look at Windows or even GWRL in comparasion to Steam.

like you said about Apple, they cost way too much, and thats Exactly what Microsoft want imo, thats why i want them out, if they wernt in a console war and they had a monopoly on the industry like they want, they would do exactly what Apple are doing.

The "Ethos" of Sony was to win a format war (Blu-Ray) and it almost cost them their console buisness instead.  They added a lot of stuff that was not needed and in the end (in order to compete) they took a lot of it out and streamlined production.   They did this to save money and not go bankrupt.  So please don't give me this American business "Ethos" BS as an excuse.  Frankly it pisses me off, we Americans are a money hungry lot, but no more so than anyone else.

Sony had a monopoly on the PS2 and look what happend to them.  We get the most expensive console ever and an attitude that we the consumer would need to go get a second job to pay for it.  And we should be happy to do so since Sony is god....  There is no way Microsoft could be any worse.  So I guess your Japanese business "Ethos" is just as corrupt as anyone elses.

Microsoft is no more evil than Sony, Nintendo, Apple, or any other big company.  I get a kick out of people who seem always spout that stuff.  They are probably using a hacked version of windows while they do it.  What fun...

My new word of the day "ETHOS"  maybe tomarrow we can use Porthos.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

@damndloser  selling a console that you know doesnt work properly and lying about it and only just now really fixing it is kind of evil. Sony is screwed up too, but what MS did was the worst thing ive seen this in video games period