By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - (Rumor) PSPGo Drops price in NA

No big announcment, no party, just 200 bucks. Still quite expensive IMO

Due to our strict silk pants-only policy, the PSP Go (and, really, any other handheld) has been a hard sell -- sure, the $250 asking price isn't helping, but that may be changing in the near future. A dutiful tipster sent us the above image from his AAFES-based store of employment, indicating a $50 North American price drop to $200 for the digital-only handheld. Oddly, Sony has kept mum on the possibility, not even offering a "We don't comment on rumor and speculation" to our repeated attempts at contact.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/12/rumor-psp-go-drops-price-to-200-this-friday-in-north-america/

Around the Network

I thought this was already official and that I missed the hubbub  when I was away from the site for awhile. My Walmart has had them at $199 for a couple of weeks without a sale tag.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

$ony need to drop PSP Go price to $169 and PSP 3000 to $129.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

lapsed_gamer said:

I thought this was already official and that I missed the hubbub  when I was away from the site for awhile. My Walmart has had them at $199 for a couple of weeks without a sale tag.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PSP-Go-Black/11959169

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

199$ is  very expensive yet. It should cost 169$-179$.

Around the Network

It should cost 99$ really.

Sony isn't in a position to ask 200 bucks for a console that is almost dead.

Still about $50 too high.  Really, they should've matched DSi's pricepoint.

Bullet100000 said:

$ony need to drop PSP Go price to $169 and PSP 3000 to $129.

No, Sony needs to pull the PSP Go from retail shelves immediately. lol!! Most likely they will drop the price to $179 or $150 sometime next year to clear out the inventory. A $129 PSP 3000 would be nice though. Sony will definitely get rid of the PSP Go long before the PSP2 comes out next fall. Of course, I'll be playing the Nintendo 3DS by then.

'gaming till I'm gone'

you people act as if the DS offers any more value than the PSP does...

you guys do realize there's a huge line up of PSP games coming out from now till the middle of next year...

oh wait of course, none of oyu care about the PSP or actually research to see if the system has games coming out for it...

mM
leo-j said:

you people act as if the DS offers any more value than the PSP does...

you guys do realize there's a huge line up of PSP games coming out from now till the middle of next year...

oh wait of course, none of oyu care about the PSP or actually research to see if the system has games coming out for it...

Like no one cared about Gamecube games coming out for it on late 2006 and middle 2007.

The reason: The console was pretty much dead