By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Apologies if this was posted before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euNOPKYFbPc&feature=youtu.be

Was wondering how they were going to have you fire...  and I am still wondering >.>

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network

Kinect is obviously not ment for fps except for maybe headtracking. I dont understand why people in the fps only crowd are hating on Kinect.

Jadedx said:

Kinect is obviously not ment for fps except for maybe headtracking. I dont understand why people in the fps only crowd are hating on Kinect.

Wasn't Kinect developped to enhance gaming? How can this be achieved when the best selling genre of video games on the 360 isn't even considered.

4 of the top 5 selling games on the 360 are First Person Shooters and 9 of the top 10 are shooters, 8 for those who will argue GTA is sandbox. Let's hope that Micorsoft does something to support the genre on Kinect...

I think they should just get the Kinect units out there and then worry about some sort of gun or something for FPS games.

It would be cheap too. All you need is a plastic gun that has a light at the end. When you pull the trigger the light comes on and kinect will know you have pulled the trigger.

Jadedx said:

They think it's going to replace the controller or don't see that both the controller and kinect can be used at one time. just intergrate the tech in ways it makes the games better.

I think kinect will be as good as the producers making the games. Same as it is with controllers.

Around the Network
VGhippy said:

I think they should just get the Kinect units out there and then worry about some sort of gun or something for FPS games.

It would be cheap too. All you need is a plastic gun that has a light at the end. When you pull the trigger the light comes on and kinect will know you have pulled the trigger.

Yea but some people just can't think past what the tech is and what can be done to enhance the experience.

bannedagain said:

They think it's going to replace the controller or don't see that both the controller and kinect can be used at one time. just intergrate the tech in ways it makes the games better.

I think kinect will be as good as the producers making the games. Same as it is with controllers.

I agree with this. I'm really looking forward for things like playing an Ace Combat game with a controller but using headtracking so I can see around the cockpit =D

cool48 said:
Jadedx said:

Wasn't Kinect developped to enhance gaming? How can this be achieved when the best selling genre of video games on the 360 isn't even considered.

4 of the top 5 selling games on the 360 are First Person Shooters and 9 of the top 10 are shooters, 8 for those who will argue GTA is sandbox. Let's hope that Micorsoft does something to support the genre on Kinect...

Wow, what a stupid argument. Kinect is not for FPS PERIOD. MS did not create Kinect to attract more FPS players, they did it to attract the Wii crowd. Now tell me, how many FPS are in the Wii's top 5? 10? 20?

Kinect isn't even out yet and everyone has determined what Kinect will and will not be used for. Nobody know what is in the future for Kinect so lets give it a little time. I for one hope they do headtracking for 3D that was demonstrated in that youtube video. It would be a sweet add on to games like Gears and Halo and I wouldn't have to buy a 3D enabled tv and glasses.

cool48 said:
Jadedx said:

GTA is not a shooter series and never has been. It was always an open world action style game. just because you can shoot guns don`t make it a shooter.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad