By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 and X360 owners what would it take for you to buy a Wii?

@antabus i think some gamers are blinded by nostalgia and love to not see that Ninty is taking them for a ride

Around the Network
smbu2000 said:
trunkswd said:

There are quite a few games I am interested in playing, but right now it is the price that is stoping me from getting one. I would rather pay $150 and not get wii sports and wii sports resort. If the 25th Mario Edition Wii came to the States I would be tempted to get it. NSMB is one of the games I want to get.

I think about a month ago Target had a $150 Wii Legacy bundle that didn't include WSR (nor the WM plus), just the regular Wii Sports/nunchuck/controller/console. It sounds like that's what you were looking for.

OT: I've had my Wii since very early 2007, so... My console preferences pretty much go 360>Wii>>>>PS3 (as it's pretty much my BR player)

I wouldn't mind getting one of the Red Wii's as well, but I wouldn't be able to transfer my VC games...

Yeah my Wii is my secondary console as well. I only really use the PS3 for exclusives and the odd multiplat (if the PS3 version is better or has exclusive content. Or to play multi-plats with friends online who don't have a 360). I might consider getting a mail-in blu-ray/dvd rental subscription and play Blu-Rays on it. And try out the free 30 days Netflix.ca trial with my PS3. Most of the good Wii titles are exclusives whereas there's lots of overlap between the Xbox 360 and PS3. So it's a natural #2 for me.

I can understand why the Wii is often overlooked by North American teenaged and adult males. Online gaming is all the rage these days with this demographic and Nintendo have lagged behind in this department. This demographic is mainly playing Call of Duty, Halo, etc. online. Not Monster Hunter Tri, Brawl or Mario Kart.

@antabus @oinyide

Yep, Nintendo can charge those prices because the Nintendo fans are willing to pay those prices. Sega is also selling these games individually on VC for $5 a pop or more as well. Difference is demand for Nintendo VC games is probably a hell of a lot stronger than demand for Sega VC games. So Sega has to resort to bundling these games all on one disc (Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection or Sega Genesis Collection) at a budget price in order to get gamers to bite (between the PS3 and 360 versions, that collection sold about 1.8 million worldwide). If Nintendo were to bundle almost 50 8-bit and 16-bit Nintendo classics including major hits like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. on a $30 Wii disc, they would be losing a ton of money. It's much more worthwhile for Nintendo to sell these games individually at $5-$10 a pop to monetize Nintendo fans as much as possible.

The Wii is basically for two kinds of people

1. Kids, Mom, Girls, and Gramps... obviously makes up the majority of the Wii's audience.

2. And the niche gamers that can't live without Nintendo's first party. The rest of the sales are because of the above reason.

I like about 20-30 games on the Wii and some of em barely make the list... that's a joke... aftter 4 years.... I only CONSIDER 20 games on the Wii. That's looking through the whole library... I did it once and these are games I SIMPLY consider... meaning if I played them... I imagine 5-10 wouldn't make the cut

While looking at my 360's library... it's the opposite... I can consider buying most games and well 20-30 are probably no buys. I'm over-whelmed and can't play em all... also I don't have a job, time and I've always been on a budget >_> so I only have  about 60 retail games, all of which I love and consider must owns for myself and I own idk 40 arcade/indie games.Hell... I have games in my collection that still have their plastic coverings on em.

I guess I would consider a Wii when it's at 50$ at Gamestop no longer supports Wii games. Before hand I'll make sure to buy those 20-30 games I kinda wanted....

On the Plus side... we gamers now have a console that is good for our babies!

Smile

VVV

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Arcturus said:

More free time :)

...that and the Wii needs some more must-have games, imo.

Don't the second and third best rated games of all time count as must have?

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Arcturus said:

More free time :)

...that and the Wii needs some more must-have games, imo.

Don't the second and third best rated games of all time count as must have?

If you're referring to Galaxy 1 & 2, yeah I'd consider them must have, but they are about the only games  that are must have to me. The Metroid Prime Trilogy and NSMB interest me too. Overall, not enough for me to consider buying a Wii. If I really had an itch to play one of those games, I'd probably just borrow a Wii from a friend.

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:

PS3 and 360 will never buy a Wii no matter what games come out for it and  what the prices are.

What?

I got mine last month because of Sonic Colors!

Yeah... call me crazy! 

IT'S TIME FOR SHENMUE III, SEGA!

Nintendogamer said:

PS3 and 360 will never buy a Wii no matter what games come out for it and  what the prices are.

this, because it sucks, and we play weel gamez lol

when the price drops to 99.... cent, i'll consider

oniyide said:

@antabus i think some gamers are blinded by nostalgia and love to not see that Ninty is taking them for a ride

Or maybe Nintendo just makes the best games?

Calmador said:

The Wii is basically for two kinds of people

1. Kids, Mom, Girls, and Gramps... obviously makes up the majority of the Wii's audience.

2. And the niche gamers that can't live without Nintendo's first party. The rest of the sales are because of the above reason.

I like about 20-30 games on the Wii and some of em barely make the list... that's a joke... aftter 4 years.... I only CONSIDER 20 games on the Wii. That's looking through the whole library... I did it once and these are games I SIMPLY consider... meaning if I played them... I imagine 5-10 wouldn't make the cut

While looking at my 360's library... it's the opposite... I can consider buying most games and well 20-30 are probably no buys. I'm over-whelmed and can't play em all... also I don't have a job, time and I've always been on a budget >_> so I only have  about 60 retail games, all of which I love and consider must owns for myself and I own idk 40 arcade/indie games.Hell... I have games in my collection that still have their plastic coverings on em.

I guess I would consider a Wii when it's at 50$ at Gamestop no longer supports Wii games. Before hand I'll make sure to buy those 20-30 games I kinda wanted....

On the Plus side... we gamers now have a console that is good for our babies!

Smile

VVV

Only the 8,354,346th time I've heard this one.. I love how the so called "hardcore gamers" act like they're such non conformists and yet they all seem to say the same crap.

I bought my Wii before my girlfriend bought me a PS3. I play my Wii more than the PS3. Alot of the games on Sony's console are exactly the same. They are a clone of God of War or something else.