By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Boss: "5 MILLION Possible for MH Portable 3rd (more than any DQ)"!!

Famitsu Boss: "5 MILLION Possible for MH Portable 3rd (more than any DQ)"!!

NO WAYYYY!!!!! 40 27.03%

hmm could happen...PSP goes out with a BANG! 81 54.73%

LOL It still won't outsell Pokemon!! 27 18.24%

Total:148

reported for misleading title.

Famitsu Boss never said it would sell more than any DQ title since he also predicted 5 million units for DQ9.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

'...he expects it to keep on extending its sales total.'

-_-'   No shit sherlock.

Also, 'Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne Village', lol whut?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

saicho said:

Famitsu Boss never said it would sell more than any DQ title since he also predicted 5 million units for DQ9.

it's not misleading, or any more misleading than most of the topics here.

"More than any DQ" was in paretheses. Darth was just using it as a reference towards portable rpgish game sales.

No DragonQuest has sold over 5 million. Though Dragon Quest IX likely will, as it's at 4.93 million. Sales. And I plan to buy it... so subtract 1!

On the other thing, The Famitsu Boss was most likely correct about DQIX sales if he was including the west, if it was just japan, he was most likely wrong, but not way off.

ishiki said:
saicho said:

it's not misleading

"More than any DQ" was in paretheses. Darth was just using it as a refernce towards portable rpgish game sales. No DragonQuest has sold over 5 million. Though Dragon Quest IX likely will, as it's at 4.93 million. Sales. And I plan to buy it... so subtract 1!

Not really, he's speaking of Japan only. DQIX is not at 4.93 million there.

What Famitsu's boss said is that MHP3rd can sell 5 million in Japan alone.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Cheebee said:

'...he expects it to keep on extending its sales total.'

-_-'   No shit sherlock.

Also, 'Monster Hunter Diary Poka Poka Felyne Village', lol whut?

its a spin off

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
trestres said:
ishiki said:
saicho said:

it's not misleading

"More than any DQ" was in paretheses. Darth was just using it as a refernce towards portable rpgish game sales. No DragonQuest has sold over 5 million. Though Dragon Quest IX likely will, as it's at 4.93 million. Sales. And I plan to buy it... so subtract 1!

that's what I said, after I edited it.

And MHP3rd could break 5 million, it could not, no one knows. Though with the growth each game has had in sales it's not a ludicrous idea to think it could sell 5 million.

in japan it can easely be more than 2 mill making it a bigger franchise than the fallen   final fantasy

ishiki said:
trestres said:
ishiki said:
saicho said:

it's not misleading

that's what I said, after I edited it.

And MHP3rd could break 5 million, it could not, no one knows. Though with the growth each game has had in sales it's not a ludicrous idea to think it could sell 5 million.

I don't think it will reach those 5 million, but I do believe it will become the best selling game from a non-Nintendo franchise in Japan.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I suggest an all new 3DS MH game to be made. I'm sure the sales would get to or past 5 million easily. Besides, I never liked the PSP for this game. The buttons break everytime i touch it =_=

3DS version seems inevitable. Though, they should do it early to ride the wave and actually keeps selling like most Nintendo titles.