By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GAME is trying to force Kinect onto customers

Mendicate Bias said:

At least we see her true colors.

The sad thing is shes not even the worst of them. I really don't understand how an adult human being can be so utterly brain washed by a multi-million dollar company as to believe every thing they do is a gift sent from heaven while their competitors are demons from hell. Can someone truly be that blind?

Evidently yes.

Around the Network
tuscaniman said:

I'm thinking the OP has some sort of fetish for Sony and the PS3. Possibly even a shrine set up for the PS3 in her house.

That would actually be quite epic, I would give her a pass at that point!!! lol

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Thread still not locked yet???? Well that gives me a chance to post....

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A203D said:

Went into Game today, the first thing i heard before i walked through the door was a member of staff trying to 'promote' Kinect Adventures to someone who cleary had no knowledge in gaming - the guy wasnt interested. it seems like Game are trying to target the less well informed customer, lol.

so i expect that they are trying to heavily promote or 'force' even, Kinect on unsuspecting shoppers.

What would you recommend to someone who has "no knowledge in gaming" and walks into a gaming store?

THE ONLY THING THAT THIS THREAD HAS CONFIRMED TO ME IS HOW FAR YOU LOT ARE WILLING TO GO TO MAKE PEOPLE LOOK AS BAD AS POSSIBLE WHEN THEY POST SOMETHING WHICH IS TRUE.

OFF TOPIC LOOK WHAT I GOT AS AN EMAIL

Move. Jump. Shoot. If you're a gamer, you've done it a million times.

Now imagine this: Move. Jump. Shake a leg.

Meet Kinect. It's like no controller you've ever seen. What's more, Kinect is like no controller that's ever seen you.

Because with Kinect's full-body and gesture-sensing technology, you become the controller. And with Kinect, you can interact with your Xbox 360 in ways you never dreamed were possible. (Assuming you're not dressed in something as clunky as a deep-sea diving suit, of course - so please do wear clothes that won't cramp your style...).

Kinect is all set to revolutionise your entire entertainment experience: simple movement of the hand will stop, rewind, or pause movie playback. You can also navigate the Xbox Dashboard, and much more - all with intuitive gestures that put you back in control.

There are some great games coming soon for Kinect, too, from riding a dragon in the beautiful Project Draco, to surviving a nightmare amusement park in Codename D. After all that action, if you just want to chill out with your mates, Kinect Joy Ride and Kinect Sports are the perfect arcade-style games of choice.

So spend some quality time with Kinect, and discover what it can do for you.

Send this email to a friend
Mount up for mech combat carnage in a gritty, battle-torn America of the near future.
Let's go!

Experience nerve-shredding horror unlike anything you've encountered before.
Let's go!

Discover the amazing Kinect experience for yourself! The Kinect for Xbox 360 Tour is happening right now, so check below to find us and let the natural magic in you shine through.

Upcoming UK Tour Dates:
Bristol, Broad Quay: 16/10/2010
Cardiff, Churchill Way: 17/10/2010
Chessington World of Adventures: 21/10/2010 - 31/10/2010
Edinburgh, Castle Street: 30/10/2010
Glasgow: 31/10/2010
Leeds, Briggate: 13/11/2010
Newcastle, Grainger Street: 14/11/2010
Clothes Show Live, Birmingham: 03/12/2010 - 08/12/2010

Find out more on Facebook

If you would rather not receive these communications, you can unsubscribe from the rest of our special Kinect-only newsletter series. (You'll continue to receive other Xbox news and communications from us.)

wonder how that got there lolz

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:

THE ONLY THING THAT THIS THREAD HAS CONFIRMED TO ME IS HOW FAR YOU LOT ARE WILLING TO GO TO MAKE PEOPLE LOOK AS BAD AS POSSIBLE WHEN THEY POST SOMETHING WHICH IS TRUE.

OFF TOPIC LOOK WHAT I GOT AS AN EMAIL

Move. Jump. Shoot. If you're a gamer, you've done it a million times.

Now imagine this: Move. Jump. Shake a leg.

Meet Kinect. It's like no controller you've ever seen. What's more, Kinect is like no controller that's ever seen you.

Because with Kinect's full-body and gesture-sensing technology, you become the controller. And with Kinect, you can interact with your Xbox 360 in ways you never dreamed were possible. (Assuming you're not dressed in something as clunky as a deep-sea diving suit, of course - so please do wear clothes that won't cramp your style...).

Kinect is all set to revolutionise your entire entertainment experience: simple movement of the hand will stop, rewind, or pause movie playback. You can also navigate the Xbox Dashboard, and much more - all with intuitive gestures that put you back in control.

There are some great games coming soon for Kinect, too, from riding a dragon in the beautiful Project Draco, to surviving a nightmare amusement park in Codename D. After all that action, if you just want to chill out with your mates, Kinect Joy Ride and Kinect Sports are the perfect arcade-style games of choice.

So spend some quality time with Kinect, and discover what it can do for you.

Send this email to a friend
Mount up for mech combat carnage in a gritty, battle-torn America of the near future.
Let's go!

Experience nerve-shredding horror unlike anything you've encountered before.
Let's go!

Discover the amazing Kinect experience for yourself! The Kinect for Xbox 360 Tour is happening right now, so check below to find us and let the natural magic in you shine through.

Upcoming UK Tour Dates:
Bristol, Broad Quay: 16/10/2010
Cardiff, Churchill Way: 17/10/2010
Chessington World of Adventures: 21/10/2010 - 31/10/2010
Edinburgh, Castle Street: 30/10/2010
Glasgow: 31/10/2010
Leeds, Briggate: 13/11/2010
Newcastle, Grainger Street: 14/11/2010
Clothes Show Live, Birmingham: 03/12/2010 - 08/12/2010

Find out more on Facebook

If you would rather not receive these communications, you can unsubscribe from the rest of our special Kinect-only newsletter series. (You'll continue to receive other Xbox news and communications from us.)

wonder how that got there lolz

Quite the contrary actually, this thread has proven how far you are willing to go, how much of your dignity you are willing to lose, just to bash a product which you clearly have a vendetta against.

Past Avatar picture!!!

daroamer said:
A203D said:

Went into Game today, the first thing i heard before i walked through the door was a member of staff trying to 'promote' Kinect Adventures to someone who cleary had no knowledge in gaming - the guy wasnt interested. it seems like Game are trying to target the less well informed customer, lol.

so i expect that they are trying to heavily promote or 'force' even, Kinect on unsuspecting shoppers.

What would you recommend to someone who has "no knowledge in gaming" and walks into a gaming store?

I certainly wouldnt recommend he pre-order Kinect Adventures, i suppose i could be wrong he probabily knew about MW2 and shooters, but doubtful he knew much about games. either way even though the OP has been getting it the neck about this, i've actully witnessed first hand what Game are doing, and i'm not the only one, its clear they're pro-Kinect, maybe even forcing it on people??

Edit: my impression was that Game staff will take advantage of someone's lack of gaming knowledge to try and get them to pre-order Kinect!

I hop you guys KNOW that this is the same jneul otherwise all this talk is way out of order

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

A203D said:
daroamer said:
A203D said:

I certainly wouldnt recommend he pre-order Kinect Adventures, i suppose i could be wrong he probabily knew about MW2 and shooters, but doubtful he knew much about games. either way even though the OP has been getting it the neck about this, i've actully witnessed first hand what Game are doing, and i'm not the only one, its clear they're pro-Kinect, maybe even forcing it on people??

Edit: my impression was that Game staff will take advantage of someone's lack of gaming knowledge to try and get them to pre-order Kinect!

Its called upselling. It happens in all retail, its when employers tell employees to push product by asking every customer about (just 1 technique) it. Its doubtfull the push comes from MS, more likely from the store manager or someone above him with in that retail chain. I would be surprised if you bought something and they didn't try to force something else down your throat wether it be a game guide, or a preorder or kinect.

A203D said:
daroamer said:
A203D said:

Of course you wouldn't, good thing you don't work for a gamre retailer. If a person comes in knowing nothing about gaming, I would suggest something casual to them, Move, Kinect, or the Wii, this is, after all, the most likely thing a non gamer would purchase. The question then boils down to what will make me the most profit, obviously it is in Game's best interest to push Kinect otherwise they would be pushing something else. It's not rocket science.

Past Avatar picture!!!