By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GAME is trying to force Kinect onto customers

Doobie_wop said:

Every thread these days seems to just turn into a defensive circle jerk, with barely any sort of discussion and it's usually some of the older members that do it. 

So, you're saying that the older members have less tolerance for things they've seen a billion times and have grown jaded towards?

Maybe next you'll try to convince me that a videogame retailer is trying to retail videogames.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
whatever said:
nightsurge said:

You do realize that they mean 300 pre-orders in just that one small store, right?  For reference, in the US each GameStop in my area had a goal of 300-400 pre-orders per store of CoD MW2 and Halo Reach.  Kinect is a hardware device costing nearly 3x the amount of a game and they want the same amount of preorders per store!  That shows an insane demand for a hardware peripheral!

And yet preorders are only ~140k.  So something doesn't quite calculate.

Where does this 140K preorder number for Kinect come from?

From VGChartz (see Kinect Adventures):

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82323/americas-preorders-chart-2-october-2010-big-increases-in-preorders/

yo_john117 said:

GAH!!!  Before you know it companies will be trying to push their products on you in your own home through tvs and radios!!  

I am not looking forward to that day!

Wait a minute!!!

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

whatever said:
nightsurge said:

You do realize that they mean 300 pre-orders in just that one small store, right?  For reference, in the US each GameStop in my area had a goal of 300-400 pre-orders per store of CoD MW2 and Halo Reach.  Kinect is a hardware device costing nearly 3x the amount of a game and they want the same amount of preorders per store!  That shows an insane demand for a hardware peripheral!

And yet preorders are only ~140k.  So something doesn't quite calculate.

In NA alone.  That's nearly 3x as much as Move had and we still have a month left.

The same thing happened to me at Gamestop lol

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Doobie_wop said:

Every thread these days seems to just turn into a defensive circle jerk, with barely any sort of discussion and it's usually some of the older members that do it. 

So, you're saying that the older members have less tolerance for things they've seen a billion times and have grown jaded towards?

Maybe next you'll try to convince me that a videogame retailer is trying to retail videogames.

I think that older members should know better.De-railing a thread, going ape shit in defence wars and throwing around insults should be below them, the only reason they get away with it most of the time is because they've had a strong affiliation with the site and people (not only mods) tend to let whatever they say slide. When a dumb ass enters a thread, it's better to ignore them, report them or at least provide a sound argument as to why they are wrong. 

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

DirtyP2002 said:

Yeah I think somebody who trolls everything Kinect related on other sites is a credible source!

how does a new interface and kinect make x360 better than ps3 seriously lolz, ps3 has move you know and it has hardcore games, kinect has no hardcore games at release, not to mention it does not work as advertised!!

^^yeah well you should only have 1 just for being stupid and invading lots of ps3 threads, like I said in the PM go play on your dustbox360, I only come on here in the morning and on the night, the rest of the day I'm a ps3 gamer.

the equivalent to mario is LBP and LBP is better because of user generated content and sharing

how many of those games will work well with connect, i am betting most will be shovelware and worse than the wii party games

OUT OF THE AMOUNT OF [Kinect] SALES 90% WILL BE RETURNED...

MS is desperate to slow down move sales in negligence of all the positive feedback move is getting, shame kinect when bought will get returned in high amounts...

Just a small sample of the nonsense you post every day on N4g.com! This is just from the past 5 days!
Feel free to check  for yourself.

http://n4g.com/user/score/jneul

Sorry, but somehow, I don't believe you.

what is even scarier is the fact you made an effort to find those comments on another site, the point is i did not say them on here, if you have a problem message me next time, then maybe i will explain why i feel this way about kinect, and it's not for the reasons you think.

ironically you said more negative thinggs about move all within one day on vgc, so i guess we are equal

the point is i don't do it on here, i have many friends on here and chose not to "troll" if that is what you consider it to be.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Doobie_wop said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Doobie_wop said:

I think that older members should know better.De-railing a thread, going ape shit in defence wars and throwing around insults should be below them, the only reason they get away with it most of the time is because they've had a strong affiliation with the site and people (not only mods) tend to let whatever they say slide. When a dumb ass enters a thread, it's better to ignore them, report them or at least provide a sound argument as to why they are wrong. 

Well, imo, people who have been here for years, and who have contributed to this site through being members of the community and supporting it since the beginning, have earned the right to roast a few ignorant people from time to time, but that's just my opinion.

As far as that goes, however, I'm a fairly old member myself and I've had the shit banned out of me on multiple occasions, though lately I've really been striving to behave myself and it has paid off, so I'm not sure if what you say is true anyway. :P

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

jneul said:
DirtyP2002 said:

what is even scarier is the fact you made an effort to find those comments on another site,

If you troll enough and piss off people, someone will call you on it eventually.

jneul said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Yeah I think somebody who trolls everything Kinect related on other sites is a credible source!

how does a new interface and kinect make x360 better than ps3 seriously lolz, ps3 has move you know and it has hardcore games, kinect has no hardcore games at release, not to mention it does not work as advertised!!

^^yeah well you should only have 1 just for being stupid and invading lots of ps3 threads, like I said in the PM go play on your dustbox360, I only come on here in the morning and on the night, the rest of the day I'm a ps3 gamer.

the equivalent to mario is LBP and LBP is better because of user generated content and sharing

how many of those games will work well with connect, i am betting most will be shovelware and worse than the wii party games

OUT OF THE AMOUNT OF [Kinect] SALES 90% WILL BE RETURNED...

MS is desperate to slow down move sales in negligence of all the positive feedback move is getting, shame kinect when bought will get returned in high amounts...

Just a small sample of the nonsense you post every day on N4g.com! This is just from the past 5 days!
Feel free to check  for yourself.

http://n4g.com/user/score/jneul

Sorry, but somehow, I don't believe you.

what is even scarier is the fact you made an effort to find those comments on another site, the point is i did not say them on here, if you have a problem message me next time, then maybe i will explain why i feel this way about kinect, and it's not for the reasons you think.

ironically you said more negative thinggs about move all within one day on vgc, so i guess we are equal

the point is i don't do it on here, i have many friends on here and chose not to "troll" if that is what you consider it to be.

oohhhh cause you don't do it here then its ok? So your bias on one website but you're just dandy here huh? wow....