By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GAME is trying to force Kinect onto customers

the issue isnt that u dont like kinect who cares if u like it or not?  i think the only thing that person who posted ur n4whatever posts was to show ur motives behind this silly thread.

the thread is silly because it isnt kinect exclusive, microsoft exclusive, or even video game store exclusive.  anyone whos ever been a consumer at any point in their life has experienced something at least similar whether buying computer parts or a hamburger.  have u ever been to a restaurant where they have a meal of the day? the waiter/waitress will usually suggest it but that doesnt mean theyre forcing u to purchase it.  or how about when the person taking ur order at a fast food place asks if ud like to order a (insert whatever new menu item they have) before u even get a chance to speak and then if all u purchase is a sandwich they ask if ud like fries and a drink.

ive never been to the store GAME but if its anything like most stores here im sure they ask if ud like to pre order whatever the new hot game is.  does call of duty really need help from game stop employees in order for it to sell?  no yet they always ask me if id like to pre order it, doesnt mean theyre forcing it on me.

im assuming uve made a purchase before (anything from anywhere) so the odds that something like this has already happened to u is pretty good yet u made it a point to try and make it seem like a kinect exclusive problem and ur past posts that person brought up show insight on why u would make such a thread with such an accusation.  and i do understand not all places are the same so its possible uve never encountered anything like this sales pitch before but i highly doubt it.

Around the Network
jneul said:
kowenicki said:
jneul said:
A Bad Clown said:
Jadedx said:

Okay guys just report her, I did, and If enough of you guys do too one of these mods will ban her.

A lot of people tried, the thing is she's been on the site long enough that they don't care. There's a lot of old stealth trolls here that get away with a lot. We should have to just ignore, report, and move on. What ever happened to "If you don't have anything nice to say about something, don't say anything at all"?

call me whatever you want, beleive what ever you want, you know i tried to level with you all and you threw it right in my face, atleast i made a constructive argument as to what i thought of kinect.

in what way is it a constructive argument?

funny because you can talk, what about when you told me move was going to be a waste of my money and complete shite, despite all the positive feedback, kinect has had nothing but mainly negative feedback and yet here we all are defending it what nice people we are

anyway i'm fed up of you lot, so im off to play on my psp no kh:bbs here i come

Wow, what a load of crap.  I can point you to dozens of positive articles and videos.

Also, I pointed out how some of your "constructive argument" was nothing but false information and you completely ignore it.  I'm sure you'll go off to some other forum and spout the same misinformation.

kowenicki said:
jneul said:
ironman said:
jneul said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Yeah I think somebody who trolls everything Kinect related on other sites is a credible source!

how does a new interface and kinect make x360 better than ps3 seriously lolz, ps3 has move you know and it has hardcore games, kinect has no hardcore games at release, not to mention it does not work as advertised!!

^^yeah well you should only have 1 just for being stupid and invading lots of ps3 threads, like I said in the PM go play on your dustbox360, I only come on here in the morning and on the night, the rest of the day I'm a ps3 gamer.

the equivalent to mario is LBP and LBP is better because of user generated content and sharing

how many of those games will work well with connect, i am betting most will be shovelware and worse than the wii party games

OUT OF THE AMOUNT OF [Kinect] SALES 90% WILL BE RETURNED...

MS is desperate to slow down move sales in negligence of all the positive feedback move is getting, shame kinect when bought will get returned in high amounts...

Just a small sample of the nonsense you post every day on N4g.com! This is just from the past 5 days!
Feel free to check  for yourself.

http://n4g.com/user/score/jneul

Sorry, but somehow, I don't believe you.

what is even scarier is the fact you made an effort to find those comments on another site, the point is i did not say them on here, if you have a problem message me next time, then maybe i will explain why i feel this way about kinect, and it's not for the reasons you think.

ironically you said more negative thinggs about move all within one day on vgc, so i guess we are equal

the point is i don't do it on here, i have many friends on here and chose not to "troll" if that is what you consider it to be.

But you DID say them, these are YOUR words, and therefore are what you wished to convey to some group of people somewhere, thus, these are your true thoughts. There is absolutely no defense you can poise that, aty this point, could possibly give you an ounce of credibility.

As for those claiming this thread has become a shit throwing fest...it has, but for good reason, spreading misinformation, and slander are hardly things that should be praised.

this thread has become a shit throwing thread and most people pointing their fingers have trolled themselves, and what does an experience i had at game have anything to do with what i said at n4g, funny how another member on here had the same experience as me, but yet i'm still a liar.

also btw most of the thing i say about kinect are true, maybe not the returns thing however, most of the real video footage we have all seen has shown us nothing but problems with kinect, it's only a very few ones that actually show no problems, yet you all claim i am making this all up.

here are my reasons for feeling the way i do about kinect ok, here goes:

• kinect only runs at 30fps, which will cause quite a bit of lag, now people have reported of up to 1-2 seconds, that is quite slow and really not fast enough to handle precise movements (move lag is 22ms, wii lag is 10-20ms!!)
  • how many times have you watched that kinect adventures video of them struggling to select menu options, that is because tracking your hand via a camera is not exactly the best way to have a pointer based interface, and it becomes very similar to the issues that eyetoy had, except sometimes even worse, just  look at the NYC KInect tryout feedback from many people, where we literally saw loads of video's with kinect fail in them
  • kinect will have the same issues as eyetoy with bright lighting
  • kinect has issues with people who are children, wearing dark clothing, and people to like to wear long skirts/dresses,  and sitting down (i hear they have calibration for this, but if people complain about move calibration, they will complain about this)
  • kinect is limited, and most games will be on rails, I know they are developing a way to track your x360 controller giving you six-axis like abilities, but in my opinion six-axis is nowhere near as good as move and it's still limiting
  • right now especially games wise i fell like kinect is one big cash in, ms is ignoring it's hardcore userbase, I'm sure you all would much rather have more new hardcore games over this, but yet here we are discussing my supposed "slander"
  • this may get me banned but atleast you know why I feel the way I do

We get it.. you dont like it... shut up!! 

Months of this shit is getting really very very boring.  Stick to your move threads.

What really pisses me off is that trolls go through great lengths just to bash something.

M.U.G.E.N said:
    twesterm said:
    M.U.G.E.N said:
    Vetteman94 said:

Oddly enough most people in this thread commenting about what jnuel has said on other sites/threads have made similar comments on this site about other consoles.   Plus all those things do not take away the validity of her current comment anyway.  Since this is a standard procedure for these types of stores.

Pretty much...this is no different from the threads about gamestop. These personal attacks are just sad. and  the people pointing the finger too LOLOLOLOL ironic much

People here talk a lot of crap but nobody says things like jneul was saying on n4g without getting banned, that's the difference.  If she said those kind of things here she would be (rightly) banned in a heartbeat.

oh please. Lot of people troll on ps3 at n4g too and I'm sure there at least few members from here there as well, but without using the same name doing it. Doesn't mean it's right or even relevant to this thread. This is just like any other thread about a shop trying to force something down the throat of a customer, nothing more nothing less. Taking personal hits is not needed and derails the thread as it has already. What people do or say in other sites is not something we need to discuss in THIS site, what matters is what people do say here and stickign to the topic as much as possible. So no, before people point fingers or before people side with those who do so, they should think a bit more. Again taking personal shots is just wrong, two mods have been in this thread and yet not one of them have tried to stop the situation yet they add to it..this is just wrong conduct in my view.

Trying to force a product down someone's throat? Have you ever heard of add-on sales or upsaling? Do you know how retail works? They were offering a product and suggested it to a customer. This is what retail employees are supposed to do. Get a reality check. This thread wouldn't even exist if the GAME employee recommended Move or a PS3 product instead of Kinect.

I'm thinking the OP has some sort of fetish for Sony and the PS3. Possibly even a shrine set up for the PS3 in her house.

Around the Network

At least we see her true colors.

The sad thing is shes not even the worst of them. I really don't understand how an adult human being can be so utterly brain washed by a multi-million dollar company as to believe every thing they do is a gift sent from heaven while their competitors are demons from hell. Can someone truly be that blind?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

tuscaniman said:

I'm thinking the OP has some sort of fetish for Sony and the PS3. Possibly even a shrine set up for the PS3 in her house.

yeah i have a holy shrine of ps3 where no evil is allowed / sarcasm

funny how i also own a wii and used to own a 360

i may like ps3 the best, so it must make me automatically ignorant, lolz

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

kowenicki said:
    jneul said:
    kowenicki said:
    jneul said:
    A Bad Clown said:
    Jadedx said:

Okay guys just report her, I did, and If enough of you guys do too one of these mods will ban her.

A lot of people tried, the thing is she's been on the site long enough that they don't care. There's a lot of old stealth trolls here that get away with a lot. We should have to just ignore, report, and move on. What ever happened to "If you don't have anything nice to say about something, don't say anything at all"?

call me whatever you want, beleive what ever you want, you know i tried to level with you all and you threw it right in my face, atleast i made a constructive argument as to what i thought of kinect.

funny because you can talk, what about when you told me move was going to be a waste of my money and complete shite, despite all the positive feedback, kinect has had nothing but mainly negative feedback and yet here we all are defending it what nice people we are

can you point out where exactly I said this...?  "waste of money" and "complete shite"

it was a message nice try, but i bet you forgot about that, how convienient

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Went into Game today, the first thing i heard before i walked through the door was a member of staff trying to 'promote' Kinect Adventures to someone who cleary had no knowledge in gaming - the guy wasnt interested. it seems like Game are trying to target the less well informed customer, lol.

so i expect that they are trying to heavily promote or 'force' even, Kinect on unsuspecting shoppers.

jneul said:
    kowenicki said:
    jneul said:
    kowenicki said:
    jneul said:
    A Bad Clown said:
    Jadedx said:

can you point out where exactly I said this...?  "waste of money" and "complete shite"

it was a message nice try, but i bet you forgot about that, how convienient

If you cannot prove it then you should have kept your mouth shut about it.  It's one thing to post bullshit information about a piece of gaming kit, entirely another to lie about what someone has posted.