By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which console has the best 2011 game lineup (will be updated weekly)

which console has the best 2011 game lineup (will be updated weekly)

Nintendo Wii 57 14.00%

Microsoft 48 11.79%

Sony 249 61.18%

Nintendo DS 10 2.46%

3DS 43 10.57%

Total:407
Conegamer said:

I've been asked this before- if it's an exclusive then it can be included, yes. BUT, it won't go on the list, nor will I warrant it. Console exclusives only- no PS3/360, but PS3/PC are allowed.

If you feel as though you are swayed towards a console because of one of it's multiplat games, by all means say that. But the list shall only include console-exclusives.

You say you have been asked this before, but you don't even remotely address the question. Are multiplats somehow unplayable? Would a year of every game being released on all consoles mean that they had no games at all? There is no logic here.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Conegamer said:
slowmo said:

Cant be bothered to read the 10 pages of bickering over unreleased games but I will say that every year Sony have already announced their killer titles in advance then Microsoft and Nintendo announce theirs on the year they're due to be released and suddenly the Sony lineup doesn't look as great.  At this time you could always say Sony, By April next year I think it will be a different story imo.  And yes I am biased because I love Gears Of War.

This leads me no closer to determining what you voted for. I'm guessing Microsoft.

Also, the fact it's unreleased and unnanounced is part of the idea- at this point we think X will be best, but Y could end up the best. Who knows? But there's no denying that Sony and Nintendo are lightyears ahead of Microsoft in terms of awesome exclusives being released next year...

I didn't vote, unfortunately the OP didn't have the forsight to put a none of the above option for those that didn't agree with the principal of voting on a flawed system.  I know for a fact that both Microsoft and Nintendo will announce more killer titles than Sony next year so I cannot in good conscious vote on a poll thats biased from the outset. 

You obviously disagree with my reasoning and that's fine.  At the end of the day Microsoft's line up for 2010 last year was ridiculed by Sony fans, suddenly it's not looking so bad now is it?  I guess if the poll was for pre E3 rather than the full year it might have more relevance, instead you're polling peoples favourite system rather than any factual and objective analysis of the current situation given we don't have enough facts to hand.

If I did happen to vote by the way it would be Sony right now by the way, but I haven't.

Microsoft's line up didn't increase this year...... not counting kinect on account of move, and the only reason why ps3 line up isn't looking as good as it was is due to delays, which couldn't be predicted, so consider M$ line up lucky. but still if you list exclusives released this year Sony still has the edge, (especially seeing as Mass Effect is no longer exclusive) 

another funny thing is almost all ps3 exclusives were predicted to bomb by 360 fans this year and the vast majority of 360 games were suppose to do great, suddenly not looking like it turned out that way huh?

but OT: you are right, in not voting as the thread do say it will be updated, but with no way to change your vote...

but there is no bias in this thread

jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

Anyway, known 2011 stuff I'm personally hyped about (not including the unmatchable 3DS onslaught)...

Xbox 360

• El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (Ignition Entertainment)
  • Kingdom Under Fire II (TBA / Blueside)
  • Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Capcom / 8ing)
  • Project D (MGS / Grasshopper Manufacture)
  • Project Draco (MGS / g-rounding)
  • Rise of Nightmares (Sega)
  • Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor (Capcom / FROM Software)

Wii

• Earth Seeker (TBA / Enterbrain / Crafts & Meister)
  • Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly (Nintendo? / Tecmo Koei)
  • Lost in Shadow (Hudson)
  • The Last Story (Nintendo / Mistwalker / AQ Interactive)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo)
  • Xenoblade (Nintendo / Monolith Soft)

Nintendo DS

• Dragon Quest VI: The Realms of Reverie (Square Enix / Arte Piazza / Matrix Software)
  • Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Darkness (Nintendo / Intelligent Systems)
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Capcom)
  • Inazuma Eleven (Level-5)
  • Ninokuni: The Another World (Level-5)
  • Okamiden (Capcom)
  • Professor Layton and the Flute of Malevolent Destiny (Level-5)
  • Project CODA (Namco Bandai / CyberConnect2)

No PS3 games?

I don't have a PS3.  Or a 3DS, which is why I didn't include it either.

fixed

evolution_1ne said:
slowmo said:
Conegamer said:
slowmo said:

Cant be bothered to read the 10 pages of bickering over unreleased games but I will say that every year Sony have already announced their killer titles in advance then Microsoft and Nintendo announce theirs on the year they're due to be released and suddenly the Sony lineup doesn't look as great.  At this time you could always say Sony, By April next year I think it will be a different story imo.  And yes I am biased because I love Gears Of War.

This leads me no closer to determining what you voted for. I'm guessing Microsoft.

Also, the fact it's unreleased and unnanounced is part of the idea- at this point we think X will be best, but Y could end up the best. Who knows? But there's no denying that Sony and Nintendo are lightyears ahead of Microsoft in terms of awesome exclusives being released next year...

I didn't vote, unfortunately the OP didn't have the forsight to put a none of the above option for those that didn't agree with the principal of voting on a flawed system.  I know for a fact that both Microsoft and Nintendo will announce more killer titles than Sony next year so I cannot in good conscious vote on a poll thats biased from the outset. 

You obviously disagree with my reasoning and that's fine.  At the end of the day Microsoft's line up for 2010 last year was ridiculed by Sony fans, suddenly it's not looking so bad now is it?  I guess if the poll was for pre E3 rather than the full year it might have more relevance, instead you're polling peoples favourite system rather than any factual and objective analysis of the current situation given we don't have enough facts to hand.

If I did happen to vote by the way it would be Sony right now by the way, but I haven't.

Microsoft's line up didn't increase this year...... not counting kinect on account of move, and the only reason why ps3 line up isn't looking as good as it was is due to delays, which couldn't be predicted, so consider M$ line up lucky. but still if you list exclusives released this year Sony still has the edge, (especially seeing as Mass Effect is no longer exclusive) 

another funny thing is almost all ps3 exclusives were predicted to bomb by 360 fans this year and the vast majority of 360 games were suppose to do great, suddenly not looking like it turned out that way huh?

but OT: you are right, in not voting as the thread do say it will be updated, but with no way to change your vote...

but there is no bias in this thread

I read nothing of the sort on here so cannot say I agree with the bolded. 

PS3 delays were expected by a majority of people, nobody seriously ever expected Last Guardian to make this year except a portion of the Sony fans.  In fact some people even doubted GT5 would make this year (thank god they were wrong).

I'm sorry I didn't realise Fable 3 and all the Kinect titles were announced last year.  Mass Effect is still console exclusive for now, as far as I'm aware you cannot play it on a PS3 so the 360 still has the highest critically acclaimed console exclusive between the two as well as the quantity of titles this year.  The PS3 exclusives have been good this year but they're not even close to the 360's list. 

There is bias in every thread, anyone who says they aren't biased is talking bs.  I happen to think the OP is biased in the way he has formulated the voting system as I explained earlier. 

Conegamer said:

Christmas is coming, people. The decorations are in the shops, the adverts are on TV, the games are being released...

BUT! I want to look beyond Christmas, into the neverworld of 2011.

Which console is looking the strongest? Hit game announced

Wii- Skyward sword, Conduit 2, The Grinder, The Last Story, Xenoblade

360- Gears 3

PS3- Killzone 3, LBP 2, Ratchet and Clank- All 4 one, SOCOM 4, The Last Guardian

DS- Golden Sun, Okamiiden

3DS- Paper Mario 3DS, Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil, Metal Gear solid

So, what's your view? Do you think I'm wrong? Is a game not on the list which should be? Discuss

for ps3 you are missing alot, infamous 2, resistance 3,motorstorm apocolypse... to name a few

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:

Outside of Gears 3 I can't think of anything I want on the 360 thats exclusive *yet* every title I have listed on my 2011 list is multiplatform.

Sony's lineup looks pretty killer, however I am going to go out of limb and say 3DS because It's going to have a stupidly awesome launch lineup and have many other games that will be out in 2011. A portable 3D experience is something entirely new and the games will be awesome.

This is why I expected it to be higher...

Anyway, looks good, any more suggestions guys?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

So many that arent added yet o_O

GT5 on PS3 plox. [ofc]

Motorstorm apocalypse pl0x. (february 2011 release)

Resistance 3 plox

twisted metal plox [HOW CAN THIS NOT BE ADDED] (just look at the ign video where David Jaffe says it will release in 2011 for sure)

isnt final fantasy versus also being released 2011? I believe it is ;o ADD ITZ

INFAMOUS 2

Cheers.

Aldro said:

GT5 on PS3 plox. [ofc]

Resistance 3 plox

twisted metal plox [HOW CAN THIS NOT BE ADDED] (just look at the ign video where David Jaffe says it will release in 2011 for sure)

INFAMOUS 2

Cheers.

Link to the announced release dates of the games? Last I heard Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, and FFvXIII have no confirmed release date. Rumored line-ups are meaningless.

Edit: Also worth noting the list has never been terribly accurate. Golden Sun comes out in very late November of this year. Not even in the calender year 2011, let alone the fiscal year for Nintendo.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Aldro said:

GT5 on PS3 plox. [ofc]

Resistance 3 plox

INFAMOUS 2

Cheers.

Link to the announced release dates of the games? Last I heard Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, and FFvXIII have no confirmed release date. Rumored line-ups are meaningless.

This. Even if the game is just said to be "before X in 2011" that's fine. However, GT5 shall go up after todays news, as shall Motorstorm Apocolyspse

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Gnizmo said:
Aldro said:

GT5 on PS3 plox. [ofc]

Resistance 3 plox

INFAMOUS 2

Cheers.

Okay, give me a second!
Motorstorm Apocalypse = http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/08/21/motorstorm-apocalypse-dated-for-february/
GT5 = Really? LOL
Twisted Metal = http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=11590
Resistance 3 = http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/08/26/resistance-3-2011-release-date-confirmed/
FFVersus 13 = Dont have one, you sir are correct!
Infamous 2 = http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/infamous-2-out-in-2011-fully-detailed

Just some random ones x)