By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Only 12% of news watchers trust msnbc so...

Being that I have no access to Fox News and I don't watch it, it is difficult for me to comment on their bias but ...

Most media you consume has an agenda; sometimes it is driven by politics, sometimes it is driven by profit, and sometimes it could be driven by personal ideologies. If you understand the tactics used to manipulate people, and you get information from enough sources, it is quite obvious when an organization is trying to form opinions rather than inform you.

I watch CNN daily, have seen MSNBC, and have been forced to watch CBC and CTV's news channels, and the reason why I simply don't trust any of these networks is that they're all very manipulative in how they tell their stories; and they try to control what information is "important" by being very selective in the stories they show and those that are burried.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
scottie said:

Haha, you Americans and your shitty journalists.

My news comes from the RSS feeds of

SBS world news - it's an Australian channel, but I recommend anyone who cares about worldwide news to have a look

ABC news - Not too bad, focuses mostly on Australia

The BBC - slightly trashy at times, and it's best to verify anything big they claim, but good to keep me updated on the motherland

MSNBC are pretty shit, but when this criticisms is being leveled at them by Fox news, I feel an urge to claim bias

Whilst I agree that all three of those websites are good news services, SBS and increasingly the ABC are really quite left wing.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue that, especially re: the ABC. Although neither of them are too bad, when compared to my source for tech related news (Slashdot, which, as much as I love it, and as much of a left wing nutter as I am, even slashdot is sometimes too left for me)

HappySqurriel said:

Being that I have no access to Fox News and I don't watch it, it is difficult for me to comment on their bias but ...

Most media you consume has an agenda; sometimes it is driven by politics, sometimes it is driven by profit, and sometimes it could be driven by personal ideologies. If you understand the tactics used to manipulate people, and you get information from enough sources, it is quite obvious when an organization is trying to form opinions rather than inform you.

I watch CNN daily, have seen MSNBC, and have been forced to watch CBC and CTV's news channels, and the reason why I simply don't trust any of these networks is that they're all very manipulative in how they tell their stories; and they try to control what information is "important" by being very selective in the stories they show and those that are burried.

There's a difference between regular news shows and opinion driven shows. I disagree with last part of your post,news is news no matter how you put it. They only subject that could possibly be spun is politics,but that's were the difference between regular news shows and opinion driven shows come in. lol

scottie said:
starcraft said:
scottie said:

Haha, you Americans and your shitty journalists.

My news comes from the RSS feeds of

SBS world news - it's an Australian channel, but I recommend anyone who cares about worldwide news to have a look

ABC news - Not too bad, focuses mostly on Australia

The BBC - slightly trashy at times, and it's best to verify anything big they claim, but good to keep me updated on the motherland

MSNBC are pretty shit, but when this criticisms is being leveled at them by Fox news, I feel an urge to claim bias

Whilst I agree that all three of those websites are good news services, SBS and increasingly the ABC are really quite left wing.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue that, especially re: the ABC. Although neither of them are too bad, when compared to my source for tech related news (Slashdot, which, as much as I love it, and as much of a left wing nutter as I am, even slashdot is sometimes too left for me)

Your a left wing nutter,that could me something else,but I'm not going to go there. lol

oldschoolfool said:
HappySqurriel said:

There's a difference between regular news shows and opinion driven shows. I disagree with last part of your post,news is news no matter how you put it. They only subject that could possibly be spun is politics,but that's were the difference between regular news shows and opinion driven shows come in. lol

While there were experts warning of the housing bubble as early as 2003, did you notice how no one in the mainstream media warned of this until it was in the middle of bursting? Do you notice that the "news" within the real estate market almost always comes from a press-release from a group that has a vested interest in pumping the market (like a group of Realtors or Mortgage brokers)?

Have you noticed that news stories often portray one side as being the victim with very little evidence; and they often bury the story as facts come in that question that?

Every news story is spun ...

Around the Network

russia today!! lol jk my local news ftw!!! in jordan here we only have good news! never bad news wink wink* well that wat we get to know and see.

Kasz216 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
kitler53 said:

msnbc is the fox news of the left...biased, inaccurate, and complete crap.

i agree with the fox news part, but if MSNBC is the left wing pile of crap that fox is then i understand why!

i watch CNN and take all political news with less then a gran of and adam.

Good luck with that.  The CEO of CNN just got replaced with the CEO of HLN.   Headline News.

It will be MSNBC esque by fall.

well i'm glad i dont have cable anymore