By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Get Comic jumper!

You can see the Splosion man influence in this game. I liked Splosion man better and will wait till the price goes down...

Around the Network

^^There's tons of 'Sposion Man (and the Maw) references in the game, too.  There's even two arcade machines that let you play both games.  Pretty cool on TP's part.  I'm like you though, Disolitude.  I prefer the way 'Splosion Man played.  It's lightning fast and intense.  Comic Jumper reminds me more of Gunstar Heroes (not a bad thing).  If it wasn't for the presentation and the witty writing, I probably wouldn't have gotten Comic Jumper but I'm a sucker for such things.

i'll get it later this year. i'm still trying to catch up with all my games.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

The game Looks Interesting, Im gonna try out the demo first thou

d21lewis said:

^^There's tons of 'Sposion Man (and the Maw) references in the game, too.  There's even two arcade machines that let you play both games.  Pretty cool on TP's part.  I'm like you though, Disolitude.  I prefer the way 'Splosion Man played.  It's lightning fast and intense.  Comic Jumper reminds me more of Gunstar Heroes (not a bad thing).  If it wasn't for the presentation and the witty writing, I probably wouldn't have gotten Comic Jumper but I'm a sucker for such things.

Yeah the whole Brad part made me laugh multiple times, especially since I know a douche named Brad. Seems funny and it plays pretty good... for 10 bucks its a go...but 15 is pushing it.

Around the Network

i was really turned off by all the videos of it...the demo was better than i thought it was going to be...but it still didnt really do it for me.  maybe at a cheaper price i might have considered it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Just finished the game.  My impression of the game when I first played it and my impression now has changed.  I thought it was slow and repetitive with all of the emphasis being placed on cutscenes and the jokey atmosphere.  By the time I finished, this game impressed me in an old school twitch gaming way.   It's really intense and leveling up/earning money is really addictive!  The game amazed me all the way to the end and cemented Twisted Pixel as one of my favorite developers of video games.  These guys NEED to have a big budget full sized title--and this game ended up packing a lot more punch and higher production values than a lot of full sized titles!

Also, I checked the leaderboards and I'M 40TH BEST WORLDWIDE in one of the Nanoc stages!!  I'm gonna take a picture of it with my phone and tweet it!  I love this game.  And I've still got possible hours of bonus stuff to look at/play through.