By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Get Comic jumper!

Or atleast the trial!!!

Trailer:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMmzM03ypvI&feature=related

Comic Jumper follows the story of protagonist and player character Captain Smiley and his biologically attached abrasive sidekick, Star. The duo must travel through different comic books, each with unique drawing styles, and fix the comics' plots.[1] Four distinct comic styles have exist in the game; Modern, which features bold colors, Fantasy, which features subdued colors with watercolor backgrounds, Silver Age, which is presented in cel-shaded graphics, and Manga, which is presented in black and white.[2] When in a respective comic style Captain Smiley and Star's character design adapts to fit the look of the comic, sometimes even adapting weaponry to match the setting.

I am loving it ^-^!

Around the Network

OMG, yes!!!

I have only played an hour and a half so far, but I am loving it.  Anyone who has enjoyed Twisted Pixel's previous games (The Maw, Splosion Man) should enjoy this as well.

I tried the Demo, the games is OK. but I don't think I am buying the Full game yet.

De85 said:

OMG, yes!!!

I have only played an hour and a half so far, but I am loving it.  Anyone who has enjoyed Twisted Pixel's previous games (The Maw, Splosion Man) should enjoy this as well.

Loved Maw and Splosion man, really don't like Comic Jumper though ...

I just tried the demo and I wasn't sold on it..........but the last few minutes of the demo were so awesome that I plunked down my hard earned Microsoft points and got it.  I think it's going to be one hell of  a ride!

Hydrophobia, Earthworm Jim, Hydro Thunder, Tomb Raider, Shank, Scott Pilgrim and Monday Night Combat tried and failed to get me to buy their games.  I had to get Comic Jumper!!

Around the Network

I beat it in 3 days. Very fun game that will kick your ass often.

Former something....

Seece said:
De85 said:

OMG, yes!!!

Loved Maw and Splosion man, really don't like Comic Jumper though ...

Really??  So far I like it more than Maw but slightly less than Splosion Man as far as gameplay is concerned but I like its humor more than both...

The game is hilarious!!! It gets a little repetitive though. Definately worth the $15.

Part three Unicorn part of the manga level was crazy....

Former something....

I've only finished the first stage and watched the cutscene for the "Nanoc" level but there's so much personality in this game, already.  It's the little things that get me.  The Stat Screen song, talking to the people in the background, punching that Star in the face.......I'm trying not to spoil anything.

This game has started out so incredibly that I don't know if Twisted Pixel can keep this pace up until the end but I believe.  I believe.