By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you getting Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light?

Gnizmo said:
Armads said:

I'm confused about this title.  Is it a re-imagining of Final Fantasy 1 as it appears in dawn of souls (the GBA re-release of FF1 &2) or is it a remake of what they released in america and called Final Fantasy 1 but to my understanding actually a different series entirely in japan?

It is a brand new spin-off of the final fantasy line. It is just done in a way that is more similar to the core of what the franchise was back in the old days.

Oh now that makes me more interested in it, I have already played through the old FF's in their glorious 2D and didn't feel like replaying it just for cleaner graphics.  I might be getting it, but I have a whole lot of other DS games to play first, starting with LoZ ST and FFIV

Around the Network

Only Final Fantasy game I've been interested in since FF4DS.  I just don't have the time.  It might take me 1-3 months to actually finish the game.  That's about how long I've been playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, and I think/hope I'm right at the end of the game.

I am going to have to retract my earlier claims. The game kicks into over-drive fairly quickly it seems. I won't ruin the story for anyone, but certain plot elements conspire to make it a bitch to get through certain spots. The game itself continues not to be too challenging, but the removal of a couple elements (defend, back row, and choosing targets specifically) make some bosses fairly difficult. If you completely regear your party around the dungeon you want to play then it does become easy again, but that is tricky due to the scarcity of money.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229