By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Motorstorm Pacific Rift sales severely undertracked on vgchartz!!!

Game flopped. Let it go.

Around the Network
johnglen said:
Pyramid12 said:
snfr said:
johnglen said:

Do any of you actually see the various weekly European sales chart that we get in adittion to NPD ?? Cause if you did you would see that this bombed hard EVERYWHERE.  I doubt it has sold even close to the VGC number. What is it with the ps3 exclusives that all must sell millions , according to some people and if they don't even appear in sales charts ...nevermind we'll create our own reality .

It's funny, everytime I see you posting something that is related to the PS3 VGC numbers have to be overtracked...

OT: I want to hear/read what ioi says about this, it could be undertracked or overstocked, both is possible IMO.

In xbox360 lalaland anything playstation related has to be doing bad/selling bad otherwise its overtracked LOL!.

If the xbox360 lalaland is NPD, charttrack and MC i call it....reality.

charttrack doesn't track all of europe...

and according to sony 5 months ago the ps3 had sold 38.12M LTD units and they cannot lie about fiscal numbers...

vgchartz doesn't adjust ps3 sales by the probable half a million more that are out there consumer wise because they don't track all the markets that sell playstation products, which is why the PS2 is off by over 12 million units on vgchartz compared to shipped figures, and why the PSP is off by nearly 5 million units...

mM
Barozi said:
theonewhoisme said:
Barozi said:

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/81136/big-three-shipment-update-forecasts-through-june-2010/

June 2010 shipments:

PS3 - 38.12m
360 - 41.70m

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=40328®=World&date=40363&console=&maker=

End of June sales:

PS3 - 36.13m
360 - 40.88m

Difference between shipped and sold:

PS3 - 1.99m
360 - 0.82m

1. NO PS3 shortages at that time (this was YOUR excuse)
2. PS3 ships to more 14 more countries than 360 (FACT!)
3. Old 360 models where phased out for the new 360S models which retailers began to receive only 3 weeks AFTER these dates. So MS obviously shipped not many units in that quarter.

1. there were earlier in the quarter

2. and guess what those units get sold, if the difference was about the same instead of increasing there wouldn't be a problem

3. didn't hear anything about 360 shortages  

1. In the US only as far as I can see. That's why Sony increased the production while at the same time the longer the holidays were over the fewer people bought a PS3. So more PS3 got produced than usual to make up the shortages, but the demand wasn't as strong as before (which is totally normal in these months), thus overshipping for the next quarter.

2. The problem with countries which don't spend so much money on video games is that you still need to make sure to ship several consoles to every store in the whole country even though many people don't have enough money to buy these luxury items.
Percentually the monthly ship/buy ratio is totally different to a country in which people earn more money.
If it wasn't for this problem, why wouldn't Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony ship their consoles to every country of the world ?

3. Because there weren't real shortages because MS stopped to produce and ship the old 360s when they had around 1.5-2m on the shelves around the world (which is likely to be exact 1 month before they announced shipment numbers) and concentrated on producing the new 360S in the meantime.
Obviously they didn't want to have 2m old 360s left when they introduced and later sold the 360S, because they were massively cutting the price for the old models.
Would be pretty dumb to have 2m units on the shelves at the beginning of July, when the 360S hits the retailers only 3 weeks later, wouldn't it ?

it's unlikely that sony over shipped nearly 3 million PS3s for the quarter when the only way they can ship the consoles is if retailers purchase those consoles...

mM

Shipped != sold.

The fact that the game took about two years to go Greatest Hits in the US is a pretty obvious sign that the game sold far below Sony's and retailers' expectations.  It dropped to $30 long before ever hitting that mark, too.

Though it did go Greatest Hits, and the minimum requirement for that is 400k in NA.  We only have it at 290k, so I suppose it could be a bit low.

johnglen said:
Pyramid12 said:
snfr said:
johnglen said:

Do any of you actually see the various weekly European sales chart that we get in adittion to NPD ?? Cause if you did you would see that this bombed hard EVERYWHERE.  I doubt it has sold even close to the VGC number. What is it with the ps3 exclusives that all must sell millions , according to some people and if they don't even appear in sales charts ...nevermind we'll create our own reality .

It's funny, everytime I see you posting something that is related to the PS3 VGC numbers have to be overtracked...

OT: I want to hear/read what ioi says about this, it could be undertracked or overstocked, both is possible IMO.

In xbox360 lalaland anything playstation related has to be doing bad/selling bad otherwise its overtracked LOL!.

Nope NPD,charttrack and MC are sales trackers just like VGC they all do ESTIMATES the number sold JUST LIKE VGC.

I bet if NPD,chartrack and MC HAD PS3>360 while VGC had 360>PS3 you will say VGC is reliable while the others are "overtracking PS3", Notice how you don't question VGC number on 360 but if its PS3 or anything PS that is selling your always the first to call "OVERTRACK" LOL!!!!!!

Like I said 360 lalaland = anything ps related has to do bad or it's OVERTRACKED LMAO!

Around the Network
leo-j said:
johnglen said:
Pyramid12 said:
snfr said:
johnglen said:

and according to sony 5 months ago the ps3 had sold 38.12M LTD units and they cannot lie about fiscal numbers...

vgchartz doesn't adjust ps3 sales by the probable half a million more that are out there consumer wise because they don't track all the markets that sell playstation products, which is why the PS2 is off by over 12 million units on vgchartz compared to shipped figures, and why the PSP is off by nearly 5 million units...

Awww this is a good example!!!!

watch now that VGC is OFF in their PS console numbers JOHNGLEN won't complain about it.

like I said 360 LALALAND AHAHAHAAHH!

i remember when this story came out, if you look back you can find the thread about this.  Everyone was shocked and ioi was reporting it was quite overstocked.  It barely charted once in the UK and didn't chart in the US or anything.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Pyramid12 said:
leo-j said:
johnglen said:
Pyramid12 said:
snfr said:
johnglen said:

watch now that VGC is OFF in their PS console numbers JOHNGLEN won't complain about it.

ugh this comes up every time, Sony changed the way they reported shipped and many consoles were counted twice.  This has been said time and time and time again and some people just can't comprehend it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
Pyramid12 said:
leo-j said:
johnglen said:
Pyramid12 said:
snfr said:
johnglen said:

ugh this comes up every time, Sony changed the way they reported shipped and many consoles were counted twice.  This has been said time and time and time again and some people just can't comprehend it

Im not trashing VGC numbers......

Im just using what he said as an example....

Barozi said:
theonewhoisme said:
enrageorange said:
theonewhoisme said:

VG chartz undertracks everything ps3 related, I mean it's millions behind the actual amount of ps3s sold, and thats just pathetic 

you believe that? Stop going on this website. Simple as that. I'll continue getting the most accurate info 99% of the time.

This is a forum, I can't be on a forum?, and MS and Sony's numbers are most accurate, and if this is second best it's definitely biased towards MS, so yeah, open your eyes

ugh another one that doesn't seem to get the difference between shipped and sold...

We count sold to customers, so the official numbers from MS and Sony are naturally way more inacurate, because they count shipped or sold to retail, which is the same.

@theonewhoisme
Get over it, you are just making up a conspiracy thoery because your biased and can't handle the truth. VGchartz is by far the best at numbers when it comes to units SOLD, not shipped, UNITS SOLD TO CUSTOMERS.

let me put it this way there are how many electronic stores in the world. The last time I was at my local super wal-mart store I seen 8 ps3's sitting on the shelf.  there is atleast 10 wal-marts within 20 miles of each other around me. how many do they have on there shelfs. not only that but what about your, Sams clubs,  K-marts, Targets, Gamestops, EB Games, Funcolands,  Game crazies, Best Buys, Costco's, plus the online stores and stores I'm not naming. how many units do  they got on there shelfs or on the way . Also just like he said there is 14 more countries that get shipped to.

SO SHIPPED is way off compared to sold to custormer.  get it, good. now tell me we didn't land on the moon or some other conspiracy. By the way russia watched the whole thing so that would have been called out by them first.

IF you don't like  the numbers, why come here. I get sick of hearing people like you cry about things you have no clue about. VGCHARTZ HAS WAY MORE EXPERTS THEN YOUR AWSOME MATH AND FAR OUT THEORIES. they may be off by a little but not millions. at most I would say 500,000 and even that is hard to believe. so realistically it is within a 100,000 - 200,000 range,  give or take. 

Thank you please drive through.