By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafiascum Round 21 Game Thread DBZ

So the game ended huh?  I'll be the first to admit I didn't play a great game this time.  I was sort of stuck in the mindset that my role was more of a liability to the town than anything else.  I thought there were more important roles than me out there so I didn't really mind sacrificing myself even after my power up and wish.

I couldn't pass up a DBZ themed game, and when I say the Dragon Ball mechanic I thought it looked interesting.  In the end though, like the few before it, I think this game got a little too far away from what makes a mafia game a mafia game.

I think we have all gotten too caught up in waiting on the power roles to do their thing during the night, and have been playing less of the game during the day.  A "pure" mafia game has almost all the action during the day, and I would like to see a return in that direction.

Good job town, I'm glad we won.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I guessed radish and ST were scum on Night 1. Darn. -.-

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Awards ceremony!

Congratulations to the town.

On the awards!

Dragon Soul
This award goes to the luckiest player in the game. He had an amazing power and one that would be even better if heu'd powered it up. On night one, he was an unblockable assassin. On night three, after powering up, he'd be untrackable and unwatchable. He took the gamble, and failed. He was tracked! But then the serial killer killed the tracker and he dodged a kamehameha to the face. However, he then gave up when a slight breeze hit him.

Silver-Tiger

Fading Star
This award goes to a person who is really a conundrum. He played amazingly well in the beginning, consistently identifying mafia correctly, clearing others, and making very smart decisions. Somewhere along the line, he faltered, but was still able to hold onto one target.

Hatmoza

True Saiyan Warrior
This award is for the person that displayed saiyan power to the fullest. After death he came back twice as strong, identifying 3 mafia based on conversation that was happening while he was dead! Even though his new information didn't make an incredible difference, it saved a townie's life and redirected pressure to the mafia.

Gow_3ever

Capsule Engineer
This award goes to the person that did as much as could possibyl be done with limited resources. This person was unlucky on night one. Dying immediately. He came back and played the rest of the game as a mafia member, and during that period of time, he managed to come up with some of the most convincing evidence in the game. He even name-claimed a character, which would have been hard for even the staunchest of townies to do. It was a bold move, and for that you deserve credit.

Vetteman_94

Sacrificial Nappa
This award is for that special someone, a townie who got kimself killed. He followed a strategy right out of an anti-town playbook and got himself killed. As a vigilante, and auto kills a mafia after 4 night powerup, things should have not gone down like that. I don't even understand myself how it got to that point.

Kamal

Kai's wit
This award goes to this specific person for two reasons. One, he played the character almost as if he were the character, and fully embodied sportsmanship. Played very well, and was a great presence. Most importantly, every single vote by this player was the correct one, that's right. He didn't for one townie, and voted a mafia every single time.

Zarx

Runner-up MVP

It wasn't possible to give this to simply one player. They played fantastically well, despite their bad draw... a player who gave up, and a player who disappeared/considered-lurking. I would have given this to vetteman, except for a bad understanding when he outed himself as the android on day 1. Yes, vetteman was that much of a powerhouse in this game.

Trucks and Vette

MVP

It's hard to imagine how the game could have gone better for this player. Day 1 he powered up, because he wasn't sure about who to target. That's where it ended. Next night, he correctly blocked a mafia kill, and then two more later on. He supplied the town with extra dragonballs, and, while being completely wrong about dragonball stealing, he pressured his only true rival into giving up with the theory. Always a tough opponent. Note to next mods: be careful not to imbalance a team with his presence.

Hephaestos!

Thanks for playing everyone.

I hope you had as much fun as I had writing it, and see you in the next game.

theprof00 said:

Fading Star
This award goes to a person who is really a conundrum. He played amazingly well in the beginning, consistently identifying mafia correctly, clearing others, and making very smart decisions. Somewhere along the line, he faltered, but was still able to hold onto one target.

Hatmoza

teehehehe

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

theprof00 said

loads of fun.

And you write very well, do you actually write as a pass time or studied it? A bit too gory for my taste at times, but well written none the less.

Oh and for canon, almost all was perfect, not much to say (heck your inventive kami egg could even be considered as the reason why shenron was still there after his death... interesting :p)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
theprof00 said

loads of fun.

And you write very well, do you actually write as a pass time or studied it? A bit too gory for my taste at times, but well written none the less.

Oh and for canon, almost all was perfect, not much to say (heck your inventive kami egg could even be considered as the reason why shenron was still there after his death... interesting :p)

aww haha making me blush.

I do write a little bit. I like to write in an existentialist style mostly. This was my first attempt at some semblance of true narrative. Although I didn't put as much time as I would've liked into it and I found having to conform the writing to what was happening was very difficult indeed.

And yes, the egg was simply because Shenron would've died if not :P good catch!