By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafiascum Round 21 Game Thread DBZ

@Heph: I still don't follow your DB plan. Could you explain it in a "for dummies" way?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Darth for a dog lover you're such a pussy.

If we have a goddamn Mafia bomb for a third game in a row after it's been explained so many times why such things are RE-TAR-DED, I'll stop playing Mafia altogether.

Hunt: TheRepublic

Vote: Silver-Tiger

Please Dinosaur, you should be extinct!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hephaestos said:

there was a time extention... silver tiger and republic hammered him anyways before he could come and roleclaim... We had even told Hat that there was a chance he was having piccolo killed before the news of the extention came... them voting is very scummy or serious lack of attention.

HoS Silver and Republic on the Kamal voting. (couldn't do that at night :p)

Stelf... sorry your case is special as you were alone with Nen... you're the reason I asked 2 balls cause 1 ball means you just swaped it with him (or other non conclusive scenario).

1.  As I said yesterday, I have played games where if no majority was reached by the deadline, the Day ends in a no lynch.  I did not want to see that happen because there were really only two conclusions to be reached from Kamal's logic in trying to expose scum on Day One.

A.  This is so bad it has to be a lie.  It must be BS made up after the fact to cover something up.

B.  This is a townie with awful logic.

If it was B, I wouldn't mind seeing him gone.  That could potentially harm us down the road.  It turned out to be A.  He wasn't covering up being scum like we thought, but he was trying to cover up his vague role claim.  I'll take the good with the bad when it comes to Lynch-All-Liars.

(Yes I saw the Piccolo thing.  I thought it was a good possibility you guys were right, but frankly, I don't like it when players put words in other players mouths.  As I recall, it was late in the day and could have been wrong.  It left no time for a possible real Piccolo to see it, and would have been easy for scum to latch onto as real.)

2.  The game can only end during the Day phase, or the Night phase.  At the beginning of the game we don't know which way it is going to go, so it is 50-50 either way.  As town, we don't want the game to end during the Night.  We want control during the Day at the end of the game.  We can influence that by a single no lynch, or just by lynching every day.

In the case of a single no lynch (50% chance), we can always do that later.  If we no lynch Day One, and then find we need to no lynch again later to make the game end during the Day (50% chance), the town loses one lynch over the course of the game.  The way I see it, a Day One lynch is a free lynch half the time.  The other half the time we can just no lynch at a more strategic time during the game.

3.  You guys know me.  You know I am always open to a Day One lynch.  This was a good opportunity.  I wasn't going to pass it up.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

TruckOSaurus said:

If we have a goddamn Mafia bomb for a third game in a row after it's been explained so many times why such things are RE-TAR-DED, I'll stop playing Mafia altogether.

Oh god I can't stop laughing at this! Just when I was about to bitch at him for being a coward you pull this out your head!

Hunt j0

That's a nice plan Heph. But ... I dunno if I can completely trust you yet.

Also, can you guys promise to kill Homer if I die tonight? Let's say "hypothetically" he really did spend last night at the hospital (which I 0% believe), he's still lurking ... 

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Hephaestos said:

Unless someone else comes forward who recieved 3 DBs? this would help clear townies and potentially out mafiosi. (Hat vett FF Truck Republic Homer nen?)

I hunted Homer.  No one hunted me.  I ended up with nothing.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

I suggest you hunt j0.  You will end up with at least 3 DBs from him.  I've got nothing.

Now Playing

@the whole Dragon Ball thing:

I think someone said that if j0 hunts himself he will double his DBs.  I don't think that is right.  If he has one randomly appear near him, and no one hunts him, and he hunts himself, he would gain two DBs.  If one appears near him, and we all hunt him, I think he would go to four, and everyone else will get four for hunting him, taking j0 down to zero.  If nothing appears by j0 and he hunts himself, he would stay at 3, everyone who hunts him gets 3, taking j0 down to zero.

I think everyone should target j0 like Hephaestos said.  This will maximize DBs for the town.  I also think we should consider j0 hunting someone we think is scum to take DBs away from that person.  j0 hunting himself gives the town a 50% chance (7 new DBs/14 players) of everyone gaining an extra DB when they hunt him.  I'm not sure how that would compare to the chance of stealing DBs from scum, but it is something to consider.

Now Playing

MY BALLS!

LET GO OF ME BALLS! 

I don't get it, should I hunt myself too or somethin'? 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Hunt: MetalGear

I'm the most suspicious of him being scum. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

2 more votes till silver-tiger is lynched I think

-