By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

nice upgrade there.... I am way behind on my planned changes, but just have not felt the drive to finish the overhauls still not as bad as nibiru where my half finished projects are everywhere

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Bluegoldtiger came back. I helped her out a little with setting up her new territory, far, far to the south (she found an island and started setting up, I gave her some items and helped a little with construction).

After I signed out, she backtracked all the way back to my territory and griefed it. I can 100% confirm it was her because I'd just been there prior to signing out, nobody else had logged onto the server, and her current position (saved in her player data) shows her in my territory again.

So, I've banned her. If there are any objections, let me know, but I'm done with her being here, personally. Petty.

I've also seen minor damage she's caused on Nibiru, but I'm less concerned with that because Nibiru is modded and it's easier to fix.

SW-5120-1900-6153

fair enough, she should know better than to destroy others sites.

I now have a slew of villager servants running about my castle. Their quarters are on the north and south wings and their numbers are rising. They have also caused a number of iron golems to join us as well.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Well I accidentally left the south wing region partially unlit in an area that I was building and some new zombies spawned and turned every single one of my villagers in that area. So now I only have the ones in the north wing.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Almost lost all the ones in the north wing too. Ended up penning them up so they couldn't be reached by ANYTHING, then ensuring all construction was secure, and set 'em free again. I've since recovered both populations almost entirely.

I think I'm going to also do an east face population too (back side), which would connect the two current sets so that the populations can naturally recover themselves. Effectively, it would give them livable environments connecting the two, so as they reproduce, they'll slowly spread back to either side.

I've been working on building the innards of the castle today. Lots of floors and staircases and a few inside walls. In the process of doing this, I ran out of torches and night fell quickly. This was NOT good, because almost instantly - and before I could run to get more torches - zombies began spawning and they immediately would beeline for my villager populations. It was a LOT of work running back and forth to try ensuring that no zombies were killing my villagers. I have iron golems to protect them, but the golems are slow and can't always get the zombies.

So, I'm going to keep some villagers behind iron doors as a secondary "emergency breeding stock" population. Just have to figure out where exactly, and how to get them there.

SW-5120-1900-6153

OH MY GOSH

So I was in the Nether looking for Quartz. Got a bunch of stacks of the stuff, was about to mine another deposit when suddenly BAM! Ghast blast and I'm flying straight into a huge pool of lava.

Had full health + fire resistance on one of my pieces of armor, so thankfully, I was able to dig my way out of the lava and survive the burn.

MAN! That was close.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Well I did it again on my way back. Was trying to dig out a new, safer path back so I could avoid ghasts more easily, accidentally moved too quickly and fell into a huge pool of lava. Once again narrowly escaped death by quickly digging out.

This time, I got myself lost trying to find my way back to my normal Nether areas, and next thing I knew, I found what I believe to be Forest Spirit's territory.

To put it simply, he makes my stuff look like child's play.

SW-5120-1900-6153

the nether can be a rough place, i tried to make a bridge to new land once but gave up due to ghasts ended up tunneling my way out there. quartz thankfully seems quite abundant once you find map generating it ..... we need a rail line connecting the nether bases

Plashy and I have rail lines connecting our bases. Makes travel between our territories extremely quick. I also have tunnels connecting me to Joe's Nether base. Right now, because I found all my quartz near a new Nether Fortress, I'm working on building a worthwhile tunnel to this fortress, then I'm going to build a portal there and have a secondary overworld base region.

SW-5120-1900-6153