By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

Holy CRAP.

I went to Joe's blaze/experience farm and went AFK to let a good number of blazes spawn, then I forgot about it.

I came back about a half-hour or so later, ran the thing, and killed all the blazes.

I got over 70 blaze rods.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

This is in a completely unmodded but also unofficial Mojang release of Minecraft. What do y'all think? Needs to be in official MC amirite?

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

This is in a completely unmodded but also unofficial Mojang release of Minecraft. What do y'all think? Needs to be in official MC amirite?

i would spend so much time reworking everything to add new glass color 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I know, right?

Instead, Mojang is giving us "colored hardened clay" in 1.6. While that's not at all what I (or most players) wanted, it (combined with Mojang having already made colored glass in this "version" of the game) presents a great deal of probability for the likelihood of colored glass in the future.

I'm also impatiently waiting for wool stairs and slabs, and it'd be nice to get stairs and slabs in hardened clay as well. I also want fences in all types of wood.

SW-5120-1900-6153

let me know if you guys see issue with connection speed/stability we are on another router for short term use until i replace them both with a new device. looking at an cisco ISA570

Around the Network

sorry about the unplanned outage today, the server was up all day but due to a change made to the internet gateway, the server was unreachable. is fixed now.

Coloured glass would be great and wool stairs/slabs are long overdue. The coloured clay is kinda lame imo as it really doesn't look that much different from wool and clay is a limited resource.

forest-spirit said:
Coloured glass would be great and wool stairs/slabs are long overdue. The coloured clay is kinda lame imo as it really doesn't look that much different from wool and clay is a limited resource.

true, clay has always been rare, though it has gotten better it more recent builds.... i would like to see the clay cause colored brick ....

just set aside a whole chunk of the world for industrial clay scraping 

Clay is super-common on Waterworld, but that's kinda obvious since clay deposits are generated underwater in the first place.

Speaking of Waterworld, I'm currently working on the courtyard to my castle and I just put in a whole bunch of dirt - I'm currently waiting for grass to spread. While waiting for it, I climbed to the top of one of my towers to stay in the vicinity but be safe so I can go AFK while letting it continue growing.

Anyways, I climbed up there, looked out at it... and realized it looks a lot like Dr Robotnik.

SW-5120-1900-6153

I am working on a reorg deep underground in my base, ran out of building supplies so reorged to expand my stores and prepare for stripping of the earth.

as for clay in my area i have mined almost all of it that is reasonable to get at, i will be mining more to the west of my location i noticed about two days travel a large field when looking for resources non native to older parts of our world.

edit... though i will say due to all the home network changes ive been carrying out it has been much slower than it should be.

checkout pfsense it will be our new router utm/isa device... i was going to pickup a isa570 from cisco but pfsense has cuaght my eye. i have a hyper-v install of pfsense right now playing with the config.

agian sorry for the down time this last week, i was trying to finnish up quickly while fixing some what i see as security issues, the netgear prosafe 318g that i had put in place to use as short term solution until i had the cisco isa5xx series device has some major issues after 36 hours of deployment, and i had to switch back to the netgear wndr3700 (nice kit but not manageable enough). once that was deployed had to change the gateway, and the change replicated to every computer but the minecraft server hence the outage today, fixed that when tone alerted me. so for this thurs/friday there may be some minor down time but not as much as last week. though i may not be far enough along with some changes i am making and it may be pushed off to next week. i expect to be done with all my changes by mid june barring any setbacks or part scarcity. on another note… the mine craft server itself may see a parts change, i have noticed some issues with performance from time to time nothing major but as the complexity of plugins and the main client pick up we may move from the current i3 to an i5. also keeping an eye out for 16 gig sticks of ram to replace our 8 gig sticks, this year we should see 16 gig non ecc sticks make it into market